Indian Postal Service, The Department of Posts in India invited applications for various posts. They are:
1. Postal Assistants
2. Sorting Assistants
3. Postal Assistants (MMS)
4. Postal Assistants (Savings Bank Control Organization – SBCO)
In central government jobs, postal department jobs have significance as they have to closely move with people. You can engage in these posts mere with 10+2 qualification. If you could show your ability in written examination you can directly enter in these government jobs. As written test is Main, the competition will be definitely high.
The candidates for the Postal Assistant posts are selected through Paper-1 (Objective type) and Paper-2 (Skill Test).
English Language, Grammar
Reasoning and analytical ability
Examination Time: 2 hours
Total questions: 100 for 100 marks
No Negative marking is there.
Candidates should remember that no weightage is given for intermediate marks. The 10+2 marks are considered only to call the candidates for aptitude test.
How much marks a candidate should score in order to qualify for the Postal Assistant jobs?
1. General candidates should get 40% marks i.e. 10 marks in each subject.
2. SC / ST 33% marks. (8 marks in each subject)
3. OBC candidates 38% marks. (9 marks in each subject)
Computer and Typing Test:
This test is conducted for the candidates who qualify in the written examination. This test for 30 minutes in which 15 minutes are for typing and 15 minutes for data entry work. Candidate should type 450 words essay in English or 350 words essay in Hindi in the prescribed time. Typing speed should be 30 per minute. Typing test and Data entry work test for postal assistant posts are conducted on computer keyboard only.
Syllabus and Preparation techniques:
In Indian postal department there is an opportunity to join as postal assistant without facing any interview after passing in written test. So you have to take care in every aspect and practice to score high. For this you need a perfect plan. Taking into consideration your strong and weak points plan to allot sufficient time to each subject. Try to get over the basics of all subjects.
1. General Knowledge: there are History, Geography, Economics, General Politics, Indian Constitution, Science, Environment and Current Affairs are in it.
Preparation: to score high in general knowledge you have to get grip over the last 5 months current affairs. For this read English and local news papers. Prepare notes on important events. By doing this slowly you will get a clear understanding about current affairs. To grasp History, Geography and Politics read text books from class VI to Intermediate (10+2). Practice bit banks and raise your practice as the exam gets closer. Doing this will help in saving your time during exam and reduce your tension. Revise your preparation from time to time.
2. Mathematics: Number System, Simplification, Decimals, Correction, Simple and Compound Interest, Percentage, Average, Profit and Loss, Discount, Time and work and time & distance are in it.
Preparation: If you want to score good marks in mathematics, you have to understand the basic principles of Maths. Remember tables up to 25. If you understand the basic principles of Mathematics you can easily solve even the big math. It is better to practice math from 6th class to 10th class and repeat them over and over.
3. English: Prepositions, Adverbs, Conjunctions, Direct speech, In-direct speech, Singular and Plural, Antonyms and Synonyms are in it.
Preparation: Local language medium students often worry and fear about English. But as the question paper is prepared keeping all language students in mind. So if you practice a little bit high you can easily answer this paper. All you have to do just understand the basic elements. Practice as muchmodel papers as high.
4. Reasoning & analytical ability: Coding, De-coding, Blood relations, Letter sequences, seating arrangements, statements and conclusions, cause and effect will be in it.
Preparation: the questions are prepared to test the thinking pattern of the candidates. Go get a high score practice with the material available in the market.
In any exam, it is always quite useful to practice with model papers. Reading subject material, bit bank, and practicing is necessary to completely understand the subject and recognizing the answers within the prescribed time. Best of luck.
Post a Comment