Union Rail Minister Suresh Prabhu presented the Rail Budget for 2015-16 on 26 February 2015. Following are the 10 important questions for competitive exams.
1) What is the name of the new public sector undertaking that was announced in the Rail Budget 2015-16 for providing end to end logistics solutions?
–Transport Logistic Corporation of India (TLCI or TRANSLOC)
2) What is the name of the scheme announced in the Rail Budget 2015-16 which allows passengers traveling unreserved to buy a ticket “within five minutes of entering the station? –
3) The Rail Minister announced intention to set up an innovation council for the purpose of business re-engineering and introducing a spirit of innovation in Railways in the Rail Budget of 2015-16. What is the name given to this council?
4) What is the newly announced Toll Free number that was announced in the Rail Budget 2015-16 for security complaints and women safety?
5) What is the operating ratio for railways for 2015-16 that was announced in the Rail Budget 2015-16?
– 88.5% (This is the best operating ratio in last 9 years)
6) What is the new advance booking limit that was announced in the Rail Budget 2015-16?
– 120 days (earlier it was 60 days)
7) Which institutes has been chosen to design the passenger linen and bedding as announced in the Rail Budget 2015-16?
8) Which institute was chosen to design user-friendly ladders for climbing upper berths to help senior citizens as announced in Rail Budget 2015-16?
– National Institute of Design (NID)
9) Satellite railway terminals will be set in how many major cities as announced in the Rail Budget 2015-16?
– 10 (These satellite railway terminals will try to decongest traffic in railway terminals which are situated in congested central places of cities)
10) Establishment of the Malaviya Chair for research in railway technology was announced in the Rail Budget 2015-16. This chair would be established in which central university?
– Banaras Hindu University (BHU, Varanasi)