The present various members of NITI Aayog are:
Chairperson: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
CEO: Sindhushree Khullar
Vice Chairperson: Arvind Panagariya
Ex-Officio Members: Rajnath Singh, Arun Jaitley, Suresh Prabhu and Radha Mohan Singh Special Invitees: Nitin Gadkari, Smriti Zubin Irani and Thawar Chand Gehlot
Full-time Members: Bibek Debroy (Economist), V. K. Saraswat (former DRDO Chief) and Ramesh Chand (Agriculture Expert)
Governing Council: All Chief Ministers and Lieutenant Governors of States and Union Territories
FUNCTIONS OF NITI Aayog
- Think tank for Government policy formulation.
- Find best practices from other countries
- Cooperative Federalism: Involve state governments and even villages in planning process.
- Sustainable development: Zero defect-zero effect (on environment) manufacturing
- Urban Development: to ensure cities can remain habitable and provide economic venues to everyone.
- Participatory Development: with help of private sector and citizens.
- Inclusive Development or Antyodaya. Ensure SC, ST and Women too enjoy the fruits of Development.
- Poverty elimination to ensure dignity and self-respect.
- Focus on 5 crore Small enterprises– to generate more employment for weaker sections.
- Monitoring and feedback.
- Make policies to reap demographic dividend and social capital.
- Regional Councils will address specific “issues” for a group of states
- Extract maximum benefit from NRI’s geo-economic and Geo-political strength for India’s Development.
- Use Social media and ICT tools to ensure transparency, accountability and good governance.
- Help sorting inter-departmental conflicts.
- ideas about national self-interest, capacity-building, participating in ‘global-village’ etc.
Post a Comment