Disclaimer:- All the Information provided in this post are Compiled by A. Praveen Kumar, SPM, Papannapet SO-502303 (Medak Division, Mob no. 9849636361, 8019549939) for in good faith of Postal Assistant exam aspirants. Author of blog does not accepts any responsibility in relation to the accuracy, completeness, usefulness or otherwise, of the contents.
1. Modernization of Indian Railways Agreement is signed by which two countries?
Ans. India and Belgium
2. Who is appointed as the new Vice Chancellor of Indira Gandhi National Open University
Ans. Gopinath Pradhan
3. Which bank in India get the Banking Technology excellence Award recently?
Ans. South Indian Bank
4. Geeta Chaudhary is associated with which sports item?
5. Which company has been ranked by Forbes on August 2012 as the first among the World’s25 largest oil companies?
Ans. Saudi Aramco
6. Which sports person became the most decorated Olympian of all time with 19 medals after winning a gold medal in the 4/200 meeter freestyle relay in London Olympics 2012?
Ans. Michael Phelps
7. Which country along with India will begin their joint INDRA-2012 anti terror military exercises in the Siberian republic of Buryatia on August 2012?
8. Name the first Indian who win a medal in Badminton in the history of Olympics?
Ans. Saina Nehwal
9. What is the name of the robotic space probe mission of Curiosity on August 2012?
Ans. Mars Science Laboratory (MSL)
10. Who won the gold medal in 100 metres running at the 2012 London Olympics with a record time of 9.63 seconds?
Ans. Usain Bolt
11. Name the human gene discovered recently by the scientists that influences how people
respond to flu infections?
Ans. ITFITM 3
12. World Elders Day is observed on which date?
Ans. October 1
13. Recently who has released the report titled ‘World Development Report 2013’?
Ans. World Bank
14. Who is the executive director of United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the
Empowerment of Women?
Ans. Michelle Bachelet
15. In which country, the 7th Meeting of the women speakers of Parliament on Gender
Sensitive Parliament was held?
16. Recently who has taken charge as the Chairperson and Managing Director of Allahabad
Ans. Shubhalakshmi Panse
17. What is India’s growth forecast for the current fiscal as per the Asian Development Bank
Ans. 5.6 per cent
18. Which paramilitary force of India has recently celebrated it’s golden jubilee year?
Ans. Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
19. Who has been elected as the new Prime Minister of Georgia?
Ans. Bidzina Ivanishvili
20. Who is the non resident Indian settled in Colarado in US, has been proposed to the Nobel Peace Prize by the US government?
Ans. Malireddy Srinivasulu
21. Who is the author of the novel “The Casual Vacancy”?
Ans. J.K Rowling
22. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the National Cricket Selection Committee?
Ans. Sandeep Patil
23. The National Institute of Urban Affairs is located in which city?
Ans. New Delhi
24. Which state government has launched Annshri Yojana, under which around two lakh
families will receive a monthly cash transfer of Rs. 600 per month?
25. Who had led the controversial Operation Blue Star in Amritsar in 1984 and is recently in
news because of attacks on him?
Ans. Kuldeep Singh Brar
26. Recently in which Pakistan city, Shadman Chowk is renamed as Bhagat Singh Chowk?
27. Targeting mainly at school children, Oxford University Press (OUP) has launched a book on Gandhi on the occasion of his 143rd birth anniversary. What is the name of the book?
Ans. My Early Life: An Illustrated Story
28. Recently which country and India have announced the collaboration to build a model smart city, which will serve as a template for replication?
29. Who has been recently re-elected as President of World Squash Federation?
Ans. N. Ramachandran
30. Recently, who is conferred with the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award?
Ans. Tessy Thomas
31. Who is the present President of the Inter Parliamentary Union (IPU)?
Ans. Abdelwahad Radi
32. Who is the head of the government appointed panel on legislative reforms in the financial sector?
Ans. B.N Srikrishna
33. World Teacher’s Day is observed on which date?
Ans. October 5
34. Who is the winner of 27th Indira Gandhi Award for National integration?
35. Who is the winner of Vallathol Award 2012?
Ans. Yusafali Kechery
36. Who is the winner of Vayalar Ramavarma Literary Award 2012?
Ans. Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri
37. Niryat Shree and Niryat Bandhu awards are given for the promotion of export sector. Which bank has won the gold trophy in Niryat Bandhu Award recently?
Ans. Canara Bank
38. Recently, which stock exchange was halted for around 15 minutes as freak trades triggered a 15 per cent drop in the index?
Ans. National Stock Exchange (NSE)
39. Recently, which country has extradited radical Islamist preacher Abu Hamza al Masri to the US?
40. Recently, which institution has declared to help the Indian government with a $500 million loan to support its scheme for universalizing secondary education, the Rashtriya MadhyamikShisha Abhiyan (RMSA)?
Ans. World Bank
41. The Prithvi –II, the surface-to-surface missile was successfully test fired from Odisha. What is the range of this missile?
Ans. 350 km
42. The 6th October 2012 marks the 125th birth anniversary of Le Corbusier, the Swiss-born
French Architect. Which Indian city was designed by him?
43. Which day is observed on 5th October 2012?
Ans. Global James Bond Day
44. Name the Indian cartoonist who was detained in Mumbai on charges of sedition?
Ans. Assem Trivedi
45. Who were the Nobel Prize winners of 2012 in Medicine?
Ans. Sir. John Gurdon & Shinya Yamanka
46. Who were the Nobel Prize winners of 2012 in physics ?
Ans. Serge Haroche & David J Wineland
47. On 7th October 2012, who won his countries presidential election for a third time and a
historically high turnout and now will start a fourth term as President of Venezuela?
Ans. Hugo Chavez
48. Who were the Nobel Prize winners of 2012 in Chemistry?
Ans. Robert J Lefkowitz & Brian K Kobilka
49. Who is the Nobel Prize winners of 2012 in Literature?
Ans. Mo Yan(Guan Moye)
50. Which organization was awarded the nobel prize for peace in 2012?
Ans. European Union (EU)
51. Which city is the host for the eleventh edition of Ananya Dance Festival?
Ans. New Delhi
52. Who is named as it’s female athlete of the year by the European Athletics Federation?
Ans. Jessica Ennis
53. In which city, the Central Bee Research and Training Institute is located?
54. Who is the brand ambassador of the Nirmal Bharat Yatra, which has began on October 3?
Ans. Vidya Balan
55. Recently in which state of India, RTI Week 2012 was launched?
56. Recently, in which city, South Asia’s first knowledge hub in various languages for electedrural women representatives was launched by US women?
57. Which coiuntry is the host for International seminar on Energy Access?
58. In which country, the 9th International Women Playwrights Conference was held?
59. Recently an absurd and anti-Muslim film has created furore in the Middle East. What is the title of that film?
Ans. Innocence of Muslims
60. In which country, the Football Link International Festival 2012 was started recently?
61. According to the ‘Children in India 2012 A Statistical Appraisal’ report, Which state has
reported the highest number of crimes against children?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
62. The T.L Shankar Committee report deals with which sector?
Ans. Coal Sector
63. Which country has hosted an international conference on disaster risk management with the support of world bank?
64. Which automobile major has developed the ‘insect car’, a new smart concept car that
monitors driver’s face to help predict what he want to be next?
65. Which force has celebrated it’s 80th anniversary on 8th October 2012?
Ans. Indian Airforce
66. Which application is launched by the Indian Railways on 10th October 2012 to track the
position of train?
Ans. Rail Radar
67. What is the name of the new motorcycle that Royal Enfield has launched on 11 October
Ans. Thunder bird 500
68. Which countries launched a joint reserch project in to pricing structures in LNG markets on 10th october 2012?
Ans. Japan and India
69. Who become the World’s No. 1 Personal Computer (PC) maker?
70. Name the Malayalee who appointed as Supreme Court Judge in Singapore?
Ans. Sundaresh Menon
71. Who is appointed as the new Defence Secretary of Pakistan?
Ans. Left. Gen. (Rtd) Aasif Yasin Malik
72. Who is the first gold winner of London Olympics 2012?
Ans. Yee Siling73. Name the first medal winner of India in London Olympics 2012?
Ans. Gagan Narang
74. Who is the new Home Minister of India?
Ans. Sushil Kumar Shinde
75. Who wrote the Book ‘Pakistan Beyond the crises State’?
Ans. Dr. Mahila Lodhi
76. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of Competition Commission on India?
Ans. Ashok Chawla
77. Name the country that India signed an agreement for the modernisation of Indian Railways on August 2012?
78. Indian Government decided to allow investment with the objective of boosting bilateral
economic relations from which country?
79. Who is the second medal winner of India in the London Olympics 2012?
Ans. Vijay Kumar
80. Hameed Ansari is the second person to hold the position of India’s Vice President twice.
Who was the first person?
Ans. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
81. Who is appointed as deputy Chief Minister of Manipur?
82. Who became the 1st player from Japan to win French Open Super Series 2012 against Saina Nehwal?
Ans. Minatsu Mitani
83. Who won the Miss International title 2012?
Ans. Miss Japan Ikumi Yoshimatsu
84. Who won the women’s single Denmark Open title 2012?
Ans. Saina Nehwal
Current Affairs Nov- 2012
1. Name the country that has issued ban on the import of Egg and Chicken from India in wake up of the recommendations of the World Organisation for Animal Health about the outbreak of bird-flu in the Government run Turkey Farm at Hesaraghatta, Karnataka.
a) Oman b) Germany c) USA d) Korea
Answer. (a) Oman
2. The Union Government of India in the Month of November 2012 announced a revised Minimum Support Price (MSP) for cotton and this would help in inducing stabilisation in cotton price. Cotton has witnessed a sharp decline in the past and remained operational round about its minimum support price. The previous minimum support price of medium staple cotton was 2800 rupees per quintal. What is the revised price for the same?
a) 3000 rupees per quintal b) 3600 rupees per quintal
c) 3200 rupees per quintal d) 4300 rupees per quintal
Answer. (b) 3600 rupees per quintal
3. The GAIL Gas Limited and a State Petroleum Corporation Limited recently in November 2012 signed, an agreement for a Joint Venture to lay down the natural gas supply pipeline in the state. Name the state petroleum corporation with which GAIL inked the agreement?
a) Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Limited
b) Maharashtra State Petroleum Corporation Limited
c) Andhra Pradesh State Petroleum Corporation Limited
d) Rajasthan State Petroleum Corporation Limited
Answer. (d) Rajasthan State Petroleum Corporation Limited
4. The South African Reserve Bank in November 2012 rolled out new bank notes bearing the face of the country’s iconic personality of the nation, marking it as a tribute to him. Name the person, whose face was introduced in the currency notes?
a) Marais Viljoen b) Nelson Mandela
c) Frederik Willem de Klerk d) Kgalema Petrus Motlanthe
Answer. (b) Nelson Mandela
5. What was the percentage of retail inflation registered by Indian Market in the month of October 2012, as per the data released by the Union Government of India in November 2012 as per the measurement done on the scale of Consumer Price Index?
a) 9.75 percent b) 9.43 percent c) 9.99 percent d) 10 percent
Answer. (a) 9.75 percent
6. Which of the following statements are true?
a) The Solar Eclipse occur when the moon crosses between the Sun and the Earth blocking the sun completely or partially.
b) The Solar Eclipse can occur only on the day of a new moon when, the sun and the moon lies in conjunction to each other when seen from the earth.
c) Statements a and b are true.
d) None of the statements is true.
Answer. (c) Statements a and b are true
7. Researchers of University of Edinburgh discovered a new gene known as miR-941, which explains the evolution of humans from the chimpanzees. Which of the following statements is true in this context?a) The gene is found only in human beings.
b) The gene is found in humans and apes.
c) The gene could be used for knowing how humans learnt the usage of languages as well as tools.
d) Statements (a) and (c) are true.
Answer. (d) Statements (a) and (c) are true
8. Which of the following statement/statements is/are true?
a) Rheumatoid arthritis affects various organs.
b) Rheumatoid arthritis affects tissues, various organs as well as joints.
c) Both (a) and (b) are true.
d) Only (b) is true.
Answer. (c) Both (a) and (b) are true
9. A study led by Scientist and Evolutionary Anthropologist, Dean Falk of Florida State University revealed in the Month of October that a Physicist’s brain had an "extraordinary" prefrontal cortex -unlike those of most people which may have contributed to his remarkable genius. What is the name of this physicist?
a) Stephen Hawking b) Charles Darwin c) Sir Issac Newton
d) Albert Einstein
Answer. (d) Albert Einstein
10. Researchers from Stanford who were led by the scientists of Indian origin, in the third week of November 2012 claimed the development of fastest as well as most reliable mathematical algorithm which can help the disabled trick the computer cursors. The computer cursors could be controlled with the help of which echanism?
a) Thoughts b) Sight c) Smell d) Touch
Answer. (a) Thoughts
11. Where 8th meeting of the India-UK Joint Working Group (JWG) on Counter Terrorism was held on November 20, 2012 ?
Ans :- New Delhi
12. Where the Union Government of India on 24 November 2012 announced to set up a National Cancer Institute (NCI) and a National Cardio Care Centre (NCCC) at the second campus of All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) ?
Ans :- Jhajjar , Haryana
13. Who said “My father brought computers, we brought FDI”?
Ans- Rahul Gandhi
14.Which stock exchange was shut for 2 days because of Hurricane Sandy?
Ans- New York Stock Exchange
15. Arvind Kejriwal named his party by which name?
Ans:- Aam aadmi party
16.Who won woman athletes award 2012 of the year?
Ans:- United States sprinter Allyson Felix
17: Who became Youngest Triple Champion in Formula One History ?
Ans:- Sebastian Vettel of Germany
18:-The Indian national who was appointed as the as chief economist and Senior vice president of World bank?
Ans:- Kaushik Basu
19 . India signed of how many dollars deal US Dollar loan agreement with World Bank?
Ans.70 million US dollars
20 .Which Indian cricketer was awarded with BCCI's prestigious "Col CK Naydu Lifetime Achievement award"?
Ans:- Sunil Gavaskar
21 . Telecom company vodafone launched its transfer and payment service 'M- PESA' ?Ans:- ICICI
22 . Which day has been declared as Malala Day by united nation?
Ans:- November 10
23 . Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab Hanged at which jail ?
Ans :- Yerwada Jail, Pune
24. Who defeated Spain in the finals of DAVIS cup 2012?
Ans:- The Czech Republic
25. Reserve Bank of India asked Banks not to Provide Loans for which thing?
26 .Who became the new Chairperson of IOA Election Panel (indian olympic association)?
Ans:- Anil Dev Singh
27. Apollo hospital signed pact with which airlines?
Ans:- Maldivian Airlines
28. The Indian national who was appointed as the as chief economist and Senior vice president of World bank?
Ans- Kaushik Basu
29. Who said “My father brought computers, we brought FDI”?
Ans- Rahul Gandhi.
30. Karishma Kapoor was appointed as the Brand Ambassador of a reputed French Fries and Potato Specialties firm in India. Name the company that appointed her as its ambassador?
a) Surya Food and Agro Limited b) McCain Foods India Pvt. Ltd.
c) Kellogg’s d) ITC
Answer. (b) McCain Foods India Pvt. Ltd.
31. Himalaya Drug Company in second week of November 2012 won a fifteen years long battle in the Delhi High Court against the homoeopathic firm over infringement of its medicine Liv 52 with its own preparation that was named as Liv-T. Name the Homeopathic firm from which the battle was won?
a) Heel and BHI b) Hemkund
c) Boiron Homeopathic d) SBL Limited
Answer. (d) SBL Limited
32. Name the financial services giant that in November 2012 named 16 Indians as MDs and 3 as Partners of its group?
a) Belize Banks and Banking System b) Master Card Inc.
c) Goldman Sachs d) Prudential plc international financial services company
Answer. (c) Goldman Sachs
33. The General Motors recently in November 2012 announced its plans of expand its annual commissioning capacity at a Plant to 1.10 lakh units per year. The recent capacity of that plant is 85000 units. Name the plant?
a) Coimbatore Plant, Tamil Nadu b) Uttarkashi Plant, Uttarakhand
c) Halol Plant, Gujarat d) Jaipur Plant, Rajasthan
Answer. (c) Halol Plant, Gujarat
34. Name the Airlines Maldivian Airlines that signed a pact with the Chennai-headquartered Apollo Hospitals to give discounts to each others’ clients in the month of November 2012?
a) Air Astana b) Maldivian Airlines c) Ethiopian Airlines d) SriLankan Airlines
Answer. (b) Maldivian Airlines
35. Name the Online travel company that in November 2012 acquired the Hotel Travel Group (HT Group) for $25 million.
a) Thomas Cook (India) b) Make My Trip India Pvt Ltd
c) Club Mahindra d) Trip Advisor
Answer. (b) Make My Trip India Pvt. Ltd.
36. Name the British Defence major that signed an agreement with Smile Foundation, a Non- Government Organisation for supporting the underprivileged in Health Care and Primary Education?
a) BAE Systems b) AB Precision (Poole) Ltd
c) Abbott & Co (Newark) Ltd d) Avon Inflatables Ltd/Zodiac Milpro
Answer. (a) BAE Systems
37. Vodafone recently tied up with a Bank for launching its Mobile Payment Services. Name the Bank with which the tie-up was done?
a) HDFC Bank b) SBI c) ICICI Bank d) IDBI
Answer. (c) ICICI Bank
38. In November 2012 a chain of coffee bar and a English Book Publishing company tied up to launch the books together. Name the two brands?
a) Penguin Books and Café Coffee Day b) Café Coffee Day and Rupa
c) Rupa and Barista Lavazza d) Barista Lavazza and Penguin Books
Answer. (d) Barista Lavazza and Penguin Books
39. The first book to be released at Barista Lavazza would be of renowned writer Shobha De’s much anticipated book. Which of the following statement in relation to the book launch is false?
a) Sethji Coffee is the name of book and Barista Lavazza as an Innovative marketing strategy has planned to launch a new flavor of coffee, titled the ‘Sethji Coffee’ which is inspired from the traits of the lead character of the book.
b) As per the deal Barista Lavazza is going to provide space to the Penguin Books for its high profile book launches and in return it will bring the enriching collection of Penguin Books for free reading to its customers
c) The launches would be attended only by the invited guests from the two parties but restrictions would be imposed on the fans and followers of the book from attending the Author Meet n Greet Sessions for meeting and interacting with the authors.
d) In order to attract customers, Barista Lavazza would start a Book Club at its cafes, wherein customers can enjoy book reading sessions while sipping coffeei. Statements a, b and d are false
ii. Statement a b and c are false
iii. Statement c is false
iv.Statement c and d is false
40. Who won the inaugural Asian Cricket Council’s Twenty20 Asia Cup 2012?
Ans-The Indian women’s cricket team.
41. Who will take over as DGP of Haryana from Ranjeev Singh Dalal?
Ans- S N Vashisht.
42.Which company was downgraded on the lines of earnings outlook to underperform from neutral recently by Credit Suisse?
Ans- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
43. Which stock exchange was shut for 2 days because of Hurricane Sandy?
Ans- New York Stock Exchange
44. India-Japan-US Trilateral Dialogue was held in New Delhi in to enhance cooperation on combating maritime security, combating piracy and leveraging their strengths to shape the Asia- Pacific architecture and was the third trilateral meeting of its type. What was the place, where the first round of these talks took place?
a) Tokyo b) New Delhi c) New Jersey d) Washington
Answer. (d) Washington
45. India and Canada in November 2012 succeeded in creating a mechanism for shipping Canadian Uranium to India clearing the mistrust generated on the Canadian side after the nuclear explosion from India. When the explosion done and what did was the main issue.
a) In 1976, the Uranium that India was exporting to Canada, which was never sent by the Indian side to Canada
b) In 1974 when India used the plutonium that was allegedly abstracted from the Canadian test reactor to carry on a nuclear explosion
c) In 1990, when Canada tried to exploit the resources from India for explosion purposes instead of using it for generation of power
d) None of theseAnswer. (b) In 1974 when India used the plutonium that was allegedly abstracted from the Canadian test reactor to carry on a nuclear explosion
46. Which of the following statements in relation to India-Canada finalised a Mechanism for Shipping of Canadian Uranium to India is false?
a) Both the sides were successful in inking the agreement on the mechanism of shipment of the Canadian Uranium to India for the first time after 1974.
b) The nuclear trade relations between the two nations were affected, when India used the plutonium that was allegedly abstracted from the Canadian test reactor to carry on a nuclear explosion in the year 1974
c) India and Canada on 6 November 2012 succeeded in creating a mechanism for shipping Canadian Uranium to India
d) India and Canada signed a treaty that states that India can also use the Uranium if required for generation of Nuclear missilesi. Statements a and d are false
ii. Statements a, b and c are false
iii. Statement d is false
iv. Statement a is false
Answer. (iii) Statement d is false
47. United Kingdom recently in November 2012 lifted its travel advisory from an Indian State-name the state?
a) Chattishgarh b) Mizoram c) Jammu and Kashmir d) Assam
Answer. (c) Jammu and Kashmir
48. Name the lady reckoned to be a heroine of the World War II and was the world’s first lady radio operator, who was infiltrated in the then, occupied France
a) Noor Inayat Khan b) Phyllis Diller
c) Makeda, Queen of Sheba d) Catherine II the Great Empress of All Russia
Answer. (a) Noor Inayat Khan
49. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on 5 November 2012 issued a cap of 100 SMSs per day at concession rate. It also fixed a rate of 50 paise per SMS beyond the decided cap. The body has also placed limitation on the unregistered telemarketers for sending the SMSs, what is the limitation for these telemarketers put forward by the body.
a) 200 SMSs per hour b) 200 SMSs per day
c) 200 SMSs per quarter d) 10 SMSs per minute
Answer. (a) 200 SMSs per hour
50. Which of the statements mentioned below about Akash Tablets is False?
a) The tablet will include NCERT content, GNU Khata- an accounting package for barefoot accountants in rural areas
b) It will include Daisy Books for differently-abled students
c) Scholarship Portal integrated with Aadhar would also be a part of this tablet
d) One million teachers training programme with a live video interaction with participants from across the worldi. Statement i, ii, iii and four all are false
ii. Statement i is false
iii. Statement iv is false
iv. None of these statements are false
Answer. (iii) One million teachers training programme with a live video interaction with participants from across the world
51.Name the person who won the prestigious Kyoto Prize in Kyoto in November 2012.
a) The famous economist and Nobel Prize winner Amratya Sen
b) Astronomer Jan Hendrik Oort
c) Renowned literary critic and educator Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak
d) Japanese cell biologist Yoshinori Ohsumi
Answer. (c) Renowned literary critic and educator Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak
52. Name the person who won WISE Award 2012. Wise Award is also known as a Nobel Prize for Education.
a) Dr. Madhav Chavan of Charity- Pratham b) Anand Kumar of Super-30
c) Cecilia D’Oliveira– For MIT OpenCourseWare (USA)
d) Mhammed Abbad Andaloussi - School-Business Partnerships
Answer. (a) Dr. Madhav Chavan of Charity- Pratham
53. A rare 76 carat diamond named after the Austrian owner Archduke Joseph August was auctionedin November 2012 at a record price of Euros16.9 million or approximately 118 crore rupees at the auction, which was held at Geneva. Name the place from where it was mined?
a) From the mines of erstwhile Jahria Kingdom
b) From the mines Raniganj Coalfield
c) From the mines Singareni collieries in Khammam district
d) From the mines of erstwhile Golconda Kingdom
54. The Government of India in 2012-2013 budget appointed a committee on finalization of guidelines for GAAR - General Anti-Avoidance Rules to find out ways for preventing tax evasion after for undertaking the consultations of stakeholders. Name the person who headed the commission?
a) Shri N. Rangachary b) Dr. Parthasarsthi Shome
c) Dr. Ajay Shah d) Sunil Gupta
Answer. (b) Dr. Parthasarsthi Shome
55. The Union Cabinet of India in November 2012 passed the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Policy (NPPA). As per the new pricing policy declared by the Union Government, what is the number of essential drugs that would come under price control policy of the nation?
a) 348 b) 95 c) 196 d) 210
Answer. (a) 34856. The Ministry of Defence in India inaugurated a coastal chain of static sensors positioned along the coast of a state in November 2012. The event also signified the operationalisation of the network on the East coast. Name the state-where these coastal chains of static sensors were inaugurated?
a) Sikkim b) Goa c) Tamil Nadu d) Andhra Pradesh
Answer. (d) Andhra Pradesh
57. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) is an independent regulator of the telecommunications business in India. It came into existence by the Act of the Parliament and the act was named as?
a) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act 2000
b) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act 1997
c) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act 1994
d) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act 1999
Answer. (b) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act 1997
58. Which of the following statement/statements is/are true in relation to the Low Cost Aakash Tablet 2?
i. The tablet was launched by President of India, Pranab Mukherjee
ii. It was launched in the month of October 2012 at Delhi University
iii. The processor of the tablet would run with 1 GHz, 512 MB Ram, 7 Inch Capacitative Touch Screen and battery
iv. The tablet would be first provided to Engineering and Medical Students in Kerela
a) Only I is true
b) Only i and iii are true
c) Only ii and iii are true
d) All the four statements i, ii, iii, and iv are true
Answer. (b) Only i and iii
59. The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 passed in the Indian Parliament in May 2012 defines child as a person who comes under the age group of?
a) 0 years to 18 years b) 0 years to 8 years
c) 0 years to 12 years d) 0 years to 15 years
Answer. (a) 0 Years to 18 years
60. The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 has defined the ways to provide a child friendly process of offence reporting to evidence recording, trial and investigations. Which Section of the Act allows the Union Government to make the necessary changes in the Act, whenever and wherever applicable?
a) Article 12 b) Article 45 c) Article 16 d) Article 19
Answer. (b) Article 45
61. Name the agencies that would be monitoring the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act,2012 and its provisions, periodically?
a) The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights and the State Commission for Protection ofChild Rights
b) The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights
c) The State Commission for Protection of Child Rights
d) National Charter for Children and the State Commission for Protection of Child Rights
Answer. (a) The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights and the State Commission for Protection of Child Rights
62. The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) gave clean chit to Rajasthan Atomic Power Plant (RAPP) that was hit by a controversy over the clean-chit. Over the controversial unit 6 of RAPP that was exposed to hazardous tritium. Name the place, where this Energy Agency is located?
a) Rawatbhata b) Ajmer c) Jaipur d) Shree Ganganagar
Answer. (a) Rawatbhata
63. What is the full form of GAAR which was proposed in 2012-13 budgets with a view to preventing tax evasion
a) General Allocation Attributive Rule b) General Anti-Avoidance Rules
c) General Antidote-Avoidance Rules d) General Accident Avoidance Rule
Answer. (b) General Anti-Avoidance Rules
64. Name the Tamil Writer and Novelist who died in the month of November?
a) Muttulingam b) P.V. akilandam c) S. Bhasyam d) Kamala Sadagopan
Answer. (d) Kamala Sadagopan
65. Name the State announced tablet computers for students who will pass matriculation?
a) Odisha b) West Bengal c) Jharkhand d) Uttarakhand
Answer. (c) Jharkhand
66. TRAI regulated a cap of certain number of SMSs at Concession rates. What is the new regulated number of SMSs allowed by TRAI?
a) 200 b) 10 c) 100 d) 50
Answer. (c) 100
67. Name the body that acts as the independent regulator of the telecommunications business in India?
a) TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India)
b) TRAI (Teleconnect Regulatory Authority of India)
c) TRAI (Telecommunication Regulation Authorised for India)
d) TRAI (Teleservices Regulatory Authority of India)
Answer. (a) TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India)
68. The new version of Aakash 2 launched by the Indian President Pranab Mukherjee would be made available to students at a price of 1130 Rupees. The initial one lakh devices is going to be madeavailable to students of which segment.
a) Management Institutes and Universities b) Medical Institutes and Universities
c) Engineering colleges and universities d) Mass Communication Graduates
Answer. (c) Engineering Colleges and Universities
69. Which of the following statements in relation to the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs decision for approval 9.5 percent Stake Disinvestment in NTPC is correct?
a) With this equity disinvestment of NTPC would bring back a sum of about 13000 crore rupees.
b) With this disinvestment the governments holding on NTPC would fall down from present 84.5 percent to 75 percent
c) This will adhere to the minimum public shareholding norms that was stipulated by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the market regulators
d) At present Government holding on the NTPC was 84. 5 percent
i. Statements a, b, c and d are false
ii. Statements a, b, c and d are true
iii. Statements a, b, and c are true
iv. Statement b is false
Answer. (ii) Statements a, b, c and d are true
70. In the Forbes Global 2000 ranking list of the World’s biggest companies NTPC was ranked at which position in 2012?
a) 337th position b) 200th Position c) 90th position d) 11th Position
Answer. (a) 337th position
71. The Union Government of India on 24 November 2012 announced to set up a National Cancer Institute (NCI) and a National Cardio Care Centre (NCCC) at the second campus of All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at?
a) Milakpur village of Bhiwani b) Khairi Gaoin village in Hisar
c) Kheri Sher Khan village in Kaithal d) Badhsa village of Jhajjar, Haryana
Answer. (d) Badhsa village of Jhajjar, Haryana
72. The Union Government of India in November 2012 inaugurated an Outreach OPD of the AIIMS-II campus spread over 300 acres. This outreach OPD is well equipped with all types of facilities and has a capacity of how many beds?
a) 1000 beds b) 1500 beds c) 800 beds d) None of these
Answer. (a) 1000 beds
73. The Reserve Bank of India asked Banks not to Provide Loans for Purchase of Gold but allowed the banks to sanction loans as per the general working capital requirements to one section of the business market. Name the section that has been kept aside from the cover of no loan policy for purchase of gold?
a) Gold Merchants
b) Normal people buying gold for household purposes and celebrations
d) Common man from buying gold for making investments in the share market
Answer. (c) Jewelers
74. Name the leading telecommunications services provider with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa that completed a network transformation programme across its mobile operations in 16 African countries in partnership with Ericsson in November 2012?
a) Bharti Airtel b) Vodafone c) Aircel d) Hutch
Answer. (a) Bharti Airtel
75. Sahara Group moved to a body against SEBI asking for some more time for submission of the documents in context with around 3 crore investors in a case which involves two companies- Sahara Housing Investment Corporation (SHICL) and Sahara India Real Estate Corporation (SIRECL). Name the authority to which Sahara group filed its petition.
a) Supreme Court of India b) Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT)
c) Commerce Ministry d) Ministry of Economic Affairs
Answer. (b) Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT)
76. Nokia India in November 2012 launched its re-branded mobile map services in the Indian market. Name the service?
a) HERE b) MAPs c) DIRECTION d) FORECAST
Answer. (a) HERE
77. Airtel recently lost title sponsorship race for the Indian Premier League to a close competition. Name the company?
a) Cocacola b) DLF c) PepsiCo d) Hero
Answer. (c) PepsiCo
78. Name the Rating Agency that downgraded the Debt Rating of Sony Corp. and Panasonic Corp to Junk status in the month of November 2012?
a) Fitch b) Moody's Investors Service c) Standard & Poor's
d) NRSRO (Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organization)
Answer. (a) Fitch
79. Name the Swiss Company that acquired French apparel company Lacoste?
a) Nestlé b) Cargill International SA c) Maus Freres d) Triumph
Answer. (c) Maus Freres
80. What is the logo of the French apparel company Lacoste?
a) Crocodile b) Lion c) Tiger d) Chimpanzee
Answer. (a) Crocodile
81. Name the integrated travel and travel-related financial services company that launched prepaid foreign exchange borderless prepaid card in collaboration with MasterCard Worldwide, a global payments and technology company?
a) Thomas Cook (India) b) Thomas Cook (Australia)
c) Make My Trip (India) d) Make My Trip (Singapore)
Answer. (a) Thomas Cook (India)
82. Japan’s oil firm acquired 26 percent stake of Krishna Godavari basin of deep sea block of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) in November 2012. Name the company that acquired this sea block from ONGC?
a) Mitsui Oil Exploration b) Cosmo Oil Company
c) Idemitsu Kosan d) Inpex Corp
Answer. (d) Inpex Corp
83. Name the state that slapped a fine of 6000 crore rupees on Tata Steel for illegal mining in the month of November 2012?
a) Andhra Pradesh b) Odisha c) Goa d) Chattishgarh
Answer. (b) Odisha
84. Maruti Suzuki in the month of October launched a new model of car targeting the competitive market of Nano and Eon. Name the model?
a) Alto 800 b) Alto’s 800 c) Zen 800 d) Omni 800
Answer: (a) Alto 800
85. ICICI Bank in October 2012 signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with an African bank to extend its banking services diagonally to their combined footprint in India and Africa. Name the bank with which the MoU was signed?
a) Bank of Africa b) Ecobank Transnational Incorporated of Africa
c) State Bank of Africa d) Environmental Insurance Bank of Nigeria
Answer: (b) Ecobank Transnational Incorporated of Africa
86. Name the new channel launched by ZEE network for children
a) ZeeEdu b) ZeeQ c) ZeeLife d) ZeeChild
Answer: (b) ZeeQ
87. Mahindra Satyam signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with a University to facilitate joint research and development projects and consultancies in the oil and gas industry. Name the University and the place where it is located?
a) University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
b) CSIR- Indian Institute of Petroleum, Dehradun
c) Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gujarat
d) School of Petroleum Technology, Gujarat
Answer: (a) University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
88. Vikram Pandit, the former CEO of Citigroup Inc. Serve the bank as CEO resigned in the month of October 2012. What was the period during which he handled the bank as its CEO?
a) October 2008 to October 2012 b) 2007 to 2012
c) 2006 to 2012 d) 2008 to 2012
Answer: (b) 2007 to 2012
89. Which of the following statements mentioned below is wrong?
a) World champion Kenan Sofouglu and former world champion Fabien Foret are the two new members of Dhoni’s Mahi Racing Team Indiab) Pakistan in November 2012 was declared champion of the Asian Kabaddi Championship after Indian team walked out from the field in a protest against the referee’s decision of penalizing the Indian Coach
c) The National Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel (NADDP) in November 2012 suspended all the 21 athletes for two years, who were tested positive with methylhexaneamine (MHA) in the run-up of the last Commonwealth Games
d) Indian Tennis Player Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna in November 2012 won their first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title together defeating Pakistan's Aisam- Ul- Haq Qureshi and Netherlands' Jean- Julien Rojer by 7-6(6), 6-3 in the final of the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris
i. Statement a, b and c are wrong
ii. Statement a and c are wrong
iii. Statement c is wrong
iv. Statement d is wrong
Answer. (iii) Statement c is wrong
90. Name the defeated the Indian duo of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna in the Men's Doubles title clash of the ATP World Tour Finals in London in November 2012?
a) Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez b) Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan
c) Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski
d) Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins
Answer. (a) Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez
91. Name the players who were nominated IAAF World Athletes of the Year 2012b in men and women sections?
a) Aries Merritt and Allyson Felix b) Aries Merritt and David Rudisha
c) Valerie Adams and Jessica Ennis d) Usain Bolt and Allyson Felix
Answer. (d) Usain Bolt and Allyson Felix
92. Who is the youngest Triple Champion in Formula One History?
a) Sebastian Vettel b) Jenson Button
c) Fernnando Alonso d) Michael Schumacher
Answer. (a) Sebastian Vettel
a) Sachin Tendulkar b) VVS Laxaman c) Yuvraj Singh d) Rahul Dravid
94. Name the cricketer who won South-African Sportsman of the Year 2012 award?
a) Vernon Philander b) Hashim Amla c) AB de Villiers d) Robin Peterson
Answer. (a) Vernon Philander
95. Name the nation that won Asian Kabaddi Championship-2012?
a) India b) Pakistan c) Bangladesh d) Japan
Answer. (b) Pakistan
96. Recently the Indian Cricket Captain and right handed wicket-keeper batsman, Mahendra Singh Dhoni renamed his Superbike Championship Team. What was the previous name of his racing team and it has been changed to?
a) MSD R-N Racing Team India to Mahi Racing Team India
b) MSD Racing Team India to MSD R-N Racing Team India
c) MSD Mahi Racing Team India to Mahi Racing Team India
d) Mahi Racing Team India to Mahi MSD Racing Team India
Answer. (a) MSD R-N Racing Team India to Mahi Racing Team India
97. Name the Indian Cricketer who was chosen for the Board of Control for Cricket in India's (BCCI) Polly Umrigar award for being India's top international cricketer in 2011-12.
a) Sachin Tendulkar b) Virat Kohli c) M.S. Dhoni d) Virendra Sehwag
Answer. (b) Virat Kohli
98. Name the Secretary of the Bengal Tennis Association who on 1 November 2012 was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of The All India Tennis Association (AITA).
a) Manik Goswami b) Hironmoy Chatterjee c) Abhey Singh Chautala
d) Gaganjeet Bhullar
Answer. (b) Hironmoy Chatterjee
99. Gases that come out from the volcano provide a potential threat to the people, animal and agriculture as well as property of the people residing in the nearby area of the volcano. The gases released from the volcano contains gases like sulphur dioxide, hydrogen fluoride and carbon dioxide in huge amount, which pollutes the air in the atmosphere. Which of the following gas causes acid rain?
a) Hydrogen Fluoride b) Carbon Dioxide c) Helium d) Sulphur Dioxide
Answer. (d) Sulphur Dioxide
100. Researchers fabricated an all-new paperthin bullet-proof super material, which has the capability to self-assemble into alternating rubbery as well as glassy layers. The nano-material has the ability to translate into the safety beyond the vests. These technological advancements could be used for protective coating for the jet engine turbine blades as well as the satellites. Name the institute from which the researchers and scientists belong to?
a) University of Edinburgh and Rice University
b) Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Rice University
c) Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and University of Edinburgh
d) Rice University and University of Sterling
Answer. (b) Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Rice University
101. Australia on 22 November 2012 approved the plan to save an ailing river system. What is the name of this ailing river system?
a) Murray-Darling Basin River System
b) Cooper Creek- Darling Basin River System
c) Murrumbidgee - Murray Basin River System
d) Flinders- Cooper Creek Basin River System
Answer. (a) Murray-Darling Basin River System
102. Which is the third brightest object in the sky after sun and moon?
a) Venus b) International Space Station (ISS) c) Saturn d) None of these
Answer. (b) International Space Station (ISS)
103. Scientists on 8 November 2012 revealed about the discovery of a special type of bacteria in the Ocean with abilities of combining together for the formation of the long conducting nano wire cable for transportation of electrons and capturing the oxygen available at the surface for carrying out the metabolic activities. What is the live wire made up of?
a) Living neurons b) Living bacteria cells c) Living biological cells d) None of these
Answer. (c) Living Biological cells
104. Name the Agency that announced in November 2012 that United States would takeover Saudi Arabia as world’s biggest oil producing nation by 2017?
a) International Atomic Energy Agency b) International Energy Agency
c) World Bank d) UNESCO
Answer. (b) International Energy Agency
105. Name the country that recognized the new Syrian Opposition Coalition in the month of November 2012.
a) Kuwait b) USA c) Britain d) France
Answer. (d) France
106. India and Japan in November 2012 signed Earths Pact on?
a) Rare Earth Minerals b) Senkaku islands
c) Himalayan flora and Fauna d) Natural resources air, earth and water
Answer. (a) Rare Earth Minerals
106. US recently lifted import bans from a country before the historical visit of President Obama to it. Name the Country to which Obama made his visit?
a) Myanmar b) Cambodia c) Vietnam d) Bangladesh
Answer. (a) Myanmar
107. Bangladesh opted out of D-8 Summit Scheduled to be Held in Pakistan in November 2012. What was the cause for this decision made by Bangladesh?
a) Because of the growing terrorism activities in Pakistan
b) Because of the attack that happened on Malala that happened in the recent past in Pakistan
c) Because Pakistan refused to apologise for the deeds committed during 1971 war which eventually led to Bangladesh’s independence
d) Because of the unsound diplomatic relations between the two nations
Answer. (c) Because Pakistan refused to apologise for the deeds committed during 1971 war which eventually led to Bangladesh’s independence
Current Affairs December -2012
a) Air India b) Bharti Airtel c) Reliance Industries d) Hindustan PetroleumAnswer: (a) Air India
2. Name the England Cricket Captain who became the youngest Batsman to score 7000 Runs
a) Alastair Cook b) Kevin Peitersen c) Daniel Vettori d) Andrew StraussAnswer: (a) Alastair Cook
3. Name the Basket player who Became Youngest Player in the History of NBA to Reach 30000 Career Points
a) Andrew Bogut b) Kobe Bryant c) Leandro Barbosa d) Robert SacreAnswer: (b) Kobe Bryant
4. Name the Cricketer and Former Captain of the Australian Cricket team who on 3 December 2012 announced his retirement from International Test Cricket.
a) Ricky Ponting b) Adam Gilchrist c) Shane Warne d) Michael ClarkeAnswer: (a) Ricky Ponting
5. The Competent Authority on 3 December 2012 approved the appointment an IPS officer (MP-77) as officer on Special Duty in the Intelligence Bureau and also as the Director for Intelligence Bureau. Name the Person.
(a) Syed Asif Ibrahim (b) Ali Haider (c) Venkat Rangaswamy (d) K.C.RoyAnswer: (a) Syed Asif Ibrahim
6. Name the Senior party leader and former Deputy Chief Minister of Indian National Congress who on 6 December 2012 switched sides and joined the BJP with his supporters.
(a) Narhari Amin (b) Kantilal Ghiya (c) Arjun Modhwadia (d) Nitin GadkariAnswer: (a) Narhari Amin
7. The Uttar Pradesh government on 4 December 2012 decided to issue Cards to industrialists and industrial associations for easy access to its offices. What is the name of that card?
(a) Golden cards (b) Silver cards (c) Platinum cards (d) Industrial cardsAnswer: (a) Golden cards
8. Union Government of India on 5 December 2012 cleared the decks for transferring the prime India 12.5 acre United Mill land in Mumbai to the Maharashtra government for building a state-of-the-art memorial for an Indian revolutionary and political leader. Name the political leader.
(a) Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel (b) BR Ambedkar (c) Ramabai Ambedkar
(d) Balasaheb ThackreyAnswer: (b) BR Ambedkar
9. The Cauvery Monitoring Committee (CMC) on 7 December 2012 asked Karnataka to provide Tamil Nadu with how many TMC(thousand million cubic) feet of Cauvery water during December 2012
(a) 12 TMC feet (b) 10 TMC feet (c) 8 TMC feet (d) 6 TMC feetAnswer: (a) 12 TMC feet
10. The 11th meeting of the India-Canada Joint Working Group (JWG) on Counter Terrorism was held on 29 November 2012. Where was this meeting held?
a) Bangalore b) Kolkata c) New Delhi d) MumbaiAnswer: (c) New Delhi
11. A meeting of the India and Pakistan former diplomats, peace activists, army and navy officers concluded on 3 December 2012 with an agenda that Sir Creek dispute will be resolved. What are the other territorial troubles that sit amidst the India-Pakistan relationship?
a) Siachen b) Kashmir c) Both of these d) None of theseAnswer: (c) Both of these
12. China held one of its largest- ever air force drill involving multi-types fighter planes, amid heightened tensions with Japan over territorial dispute in the East China Sea. How many fighter planes were involved in the drill?
a) 200 b) 1000 c) 100 d) 500Answer: (c) 100
13. Who was the first top ranking Indian official to visit China after changes in Communist Party of China?
a) Anand Sharma b) Ajit Singh c) Shiv Shankar Menon d) Somanahalli Mallaiah KrishnaAnswer: (c) Shiv Shankar Menon
14) How many Indian writers are shortlisted for DSC South Asian Literature Prize 2013?
A. Two B. Three C. Four D. OneAnswer- B
15) How many Billion tones of ice has been reparted to lose by Greenland?
A. 200 B. 100 C. 300 D. 400Answer – A
16) Recently, a book on the life of which cricketer has been relaesed?
A. Sachin B. Dravid C. Kapil Dev D. YuvrajAnswer- D
17) A book titled Victory India - A Key to Quality Military Leadership has been released by which Chief Marshal of Military?
A. Army B. Navy C. Air force D. Paramilitary ForcesAnswer- C
18) Ajmal Kasab got hanged in the jail of which city?
A. Mimbai B. Pune C. Delhi D. NagpurAnswer- B
19. PetroChina in the third week of December 2012 agreed to buy a 49.9 percent stake in which Canadian firm?
a) Encana's Natural Gas Project b) Mackenzie Gas Project
c) Pengrowth Gas Project d) Anderson Gas ProjectAnswer: (a) Encana's Natural Gas Project
20. Who was appointed as the new Chief Financial Officer of Levi Strauss & Co?
a) Harmit Singh b) Harpreet Singh c) Harkeerat Singh d) Hardeep SinghAnswer: (a) Harmit Singh
21. What kinds of clauses were added by Marks & Spencer (M&S), the British retail company to the agreements in India?
a) Anti-theft clauses b) Anti-bribery clauses c) Anti-fraud clauses d) None of theseAnswer: (b) Anti-bribery clauses
22. ICICI Bank, the largest private sector bank of India on 13 December 2012 opened 101 distinct gramin branches or rural branches as the part of its financial enclosure plan. In how many states were these branches opened?
a) Ten states b) Three states c) Four states d) Six statesAnswer: (d) Six states
23. Where did the American Depositary Shares (ADS) of Infosys, India’s second-largest IT services provider started trading on 12 December 2012?
a) Bombay Stock Exchange b) National Stock Exchange
c) New York Stock Exchange d) Singapore Stock ExchangeAnswer: (c) New York Stock Exchange
24. French scientists claimed that they developed a new system which enables humans to get 360 degree vision. The headset in the system is said to capture the images from different directions and thereafter transform these into the matter which is possible for the human vision system to comprehend. What is the name of this new system?
a) Eidograph b) FlyVIZ c) Scoliometer d) XylometerAnswer: (b) FlyVIZ
25. Scientists from NASA spotted the longest extra-terrestrial river system ever on Saturn’s moon Titan which appears to be a miniature version of one of the Earth’s rivers. Titan which appears to be a miniature version of which river of Earth?
a) Amazon River b) Thames River c) Nile River d) Rhine RiverAnswer: (c) Nile River
26. Scientists in northern Mexico discovered a new dinosaur with a large prominent nose which lived about 73 million years ago. What is the name of this new dinosaur?
a) Latirhinus Uitstlani b) Gigantoraptor c) Khaan d) RaptorexAnswer: (a) Latirhinus Uitstlani
27. British scientists claimed that they developed in the first week of December 2012, the first toothbrush of the world called Emmident toothbrush which makes use of the _________ for cleaning teeth. Fill in the blank with appropriate word:
a) X-Ray b) Ultrasound waves c) 3D Imaging d) None of theseAnswer: (b) Ultrasound waves
28. The 11th meeting of the India-Canada Joint Working Group (JWG) on Counter Terrorism was held on 29 November 2012. Where was this meeting held?
a) Bangalore b) Kolkata c) New Delhi d) MumbaiAnswer: (c) New Delhi
29. A meeting of the India and Pakistan former diplomats, peace activists, army and navy officers concluded on 3 December 2012 with an agenda that Sir Creek dispute will be resolved. What are the other territorial troubles that sit amidst the India-Pakistan relationship?
a) Siachen b) Kashmir c) Both of these d) None of theseAnswer: (c) Both of these
30. China held one of its largest- ever air force drill involving multi-types fighter planes, amid heightened tensions with Japan over territorial dispute in the East China Sea. How many fighter planes were involved in the drill?
a) 200 b) 1000 c) 100 d) 500Answer: (c) 100
31. Who was the first top ranking Indian official to visit China after changes in Communist Party of China?
a) Anand Sharma b) Ajit Singh c) Shiv Shankar Menon d) Somanahalli Mallaiah KrishnaAnswer: (c) Shiv Shankar Menon
32. Apple, on 7 December 2012 launched two new devices. Which are these two devices?
a) iPad 2 and fourth generation iPad b) iPad mini and iPhone 5
c) iPad mini and fourth generation iPad d) iPhone 5 and fourth generation iPadAnswer: (c) iPad mini and fourth generation iPad
33. Wipro Consumer Care and Lightning (WCCL) on 8 December 2012 acquired the Singapore-based FMCG Company for 790 Crore Rupees. What is the name of this company?
a) LD Waxson b) Unza c) Woods of Windsor d) AramuskAnswer: (a) LD Waxson
34. Suresh Vaswani, the former co-CEO of Wipro was appointed as the President of Dell Services, the computer-maker, on 6 December 2012. Which of the following statements is true in this context?a) Before being promoted to the position of Dell’s president, Vaswani was also the head of application services as well as BPO segment of Dell.
b) In 2011, Vaswani exited from Wipro where he had spent 25 years.
c) Vaswani reported to Schuckenbrock, the former President of Dell.
d) All the three statements are true.Answer: (d) All the three statements are true.
35. Adani Mining, a global integrated infrastructure player on 3 December 2012 announced completion of the largest mining exploration programme in Australia in a record time. How much time did the Adani Mining take for the programme?
a) 6 months b) 9 months c) 1 year d) 1.5 yearsAnswer: (b) 9 months
36. Nokia, one of the giant mobile makers agreed to sell the head quarter building or 222 million US dollar or 170 million Euros on 4 December 2012. The headquarter building is to be bought by Exilion, the Finnish real estate company. Where was the headquarter building of Nokia located?
a) Finland b) Scotland c) Denmark d) CaliforniaAnswer: (a) Finland
37. Name the bank with which the Reserve Bank of India on 4 December 2012 signed a three year Bilateral Swap Arrangement (BSA) for swapping of the local currencies to address short-term liquidity problems.
(a) Bank of Australia (b) Bank of Scotland (c) Bank of Japan (d) None Of theseAnswer: (c) Bank of Japan
38. State Bank of India (SBI), the largest lender of India on 5 December 2012 announced about its expectation of infusion of what amount from the government in 2012-2013 fiscal year?
(a) 4000 Crore rupees (b) 3000 crore rupees (c) 2500 crore rupees (d) 3500 crore rupeesAnswer: (a) 4000 Crore rupees
39. Infosys decided to transfer listing of American shares of the company from Nasdaq to an stock exchange. Name the particular stock exchange.
(a) Bombay Stock Exchange (b) Hong Kong Stock Exchange
(c) Taiwan stock Exchange (d) New York Stock ExchangeAnswer: (d) New York Stock Exchange
40. Which Government body on 29 November 2012 dismissed appeals of two Sahara companies- Sahara India Real Estate Corp (SIRECL) and Sahara Housing Investment Corp (SHICL) against SEBI?(a) Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT) (b) Primary Market Advisory Committee
(c) Mutual Fund Advisory Committee (d) Derivatives Market Review CommitteeAnswer: (a) Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT)
41. Eight core sectors of the Indian Economy grew by how much percent in the eight-month high in October 2012-2013 as compare with the 0.4 percent in same time period last year?
(a) 6.5 Percent (b) 5 Percent (c) 3.5 percent (d) 4.5 PercentAnswer: (a) 6.5 Percent
42. Name the renowned soccer player who on 9 December 2012 set the record for most goals in a calendar year by scoring his 86th goal of 2012
(a) David Beckham (b) Lionel Messi (c) Cristiano Ronaldo (d) Roberto CarlosAnswer: (b) Lionel Messi
43. Name the giant of Indian domestic cricket who died on 11 December and was famous for coming close to breaking Sir Don Bradman's first-class score in the Ranji Trophy.(a) Syed Kirmani (b) Deepak Shodhan (c) BB Nimbalkar (d) Prakash Bhandari
Answer: (b) BB Nimbalkar
44. Name the team that was defeated by to win the inaugural SBI T20 World Cup for the Blind on 13 December 2012 at Central College grounds in Bangalore.
(a) Australia (b) Pakistan (c) England (d) New ZealandAnswer: (b) Pakistan
45. Which team on 15 December 2012 won the 3rd World Cup Kabaddi Tournament for the third consecutive time in the Men’s category and second consecutive time in the Women’s category?
(a) India (b) Pakistan (c) Australia (d) EnglandAnswer: (a) India
46. Which Country won the Junior Table Tennis Championship claiming all the titles?
(a) Germany (b) China (c) Hungary (d) SwedenAnswer: (b) China
47. Market regulator Security and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) allowed entities to set up Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) which is a newly created class of pooled-in investment vehicles for real estate, private equity and hedge funds. Specify the number of entities allowed to set up.
(a) 10 (b) 12 (c) 15 (d) 16Answer: (b) 12
48. Consumer Price Index (CPI) data released on 12 December 2012 showed that the retail inflation increased for the second successive month to how many percent in November 2012?
(a) 9.90 (b) 8.90 (c) 9.25 (d) 7.90Answer: (a) 9.90
49. The Union government of India on 13 December 2012 approved the setting up of Committee to fast track investment clearances for mega projects. Name the Committee approved.(a) Coalition Committee (b) Social Justice Committee
(c) Cabinet Committee on Investment (CCI) (d)Cabinet Committee on ExpenditureAnswer: (c) Cabinet Committee on Investment (CCI)
50. Name the Stock exchange which on 14 December 2012 launched an SME index which primarily aims at tracking the current primary market conditions in the Indian capital market and measuring the growth in investors’ wealth over a period.
(a) Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) (b) Ahmedabad Stock Exchange
(c) Delhi Stock Exchange (DSE) (d) Madhya Pradesh Stock Exchange (MPSE)Answer: (a) Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
51. As per the report of Aviation Ministry IndiGo lost huge amount in fiscal year, 2011-2012, the airline was operating in profits constantly in last three financial years. What was the loss amount in said fiscal year 2011-12?
(a) 87.6 crore Rupees b) 84.3 crore Rupees (c) 95.2 crore Rupees (d) 51.9 crore rupeesAnswer: (a) 87.6 crore Rupees
1. Scientist in the month of December revealed a planet that could support life, orbits a Sun-like star near the Earth. What is the name of the star around which this planet was found orbiting?
a) Tau Ceti b) Sirius c) 36 Ophiuchi d) Gliese 33
2. Which Country won the Junior Table Tennis Championship claiming all the titles?
(a) Germany (b) China (c) Hungary (d) Sweden
3. Which team on 15 December 2012 won the 3rd World Cup Kabaddi Tournament for the third consecutive time in the Men’s category and second consecutive time in the Women’s category?
(a) India (b) Pakistan (c) Australia (d) England
4. NASA developed new next-gen spacesuit called Z-1 Prototype Spacesuit and Portable Life Support System (PLSS) 2.0 for the sophisticated and complex space ventures, which also include Mars mission. Which of the following statement is not true in this context:
a) The spacesuit is crafted out of various hard elements on the fabric. It also becomes flexible
after being inflated.
b) There is no need of an airlock for seeking entry or getting exit in and out of this suit.
c) It makes use of the recent technique that includes sublimator which works only in hard
d) The spacesuit packs in itself water membrane evaporation cooler which cools the suit
through same method like sweating.
Answer: (c) It makes use of the recent technique that includes sublimator which works only in hard vacuum.
5. The gravity mapping satellites of NASA ended the successful mission to Moon by crashing on the rim of crater. What is the name of these gravity mapping satellites of NASA?
a) Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 b) Ebb and Flow c) Orion and Kepler d) Dawn and Orion
Answer: (b) Ebb and Flow
6. The Central Zoo Authority of India approved exchanging white tigress from the Delhi Zoo against an animal from the Krasnoyarks Park of flora and fauna, Roev Ruchey in Russia. Which animal was traded in exchange of white tigress?
a) South American Jaguars b) Kangaroos
c) Puma d) Leopard
Answer: (c) Puma
7. The Baikonur Cosmodrome is the world’s first and largest operational space launch facility. In which country is it located?
(A) France (B) Kazakhstan (C) Uzbekistan (D) Germany
Ans. (B) Kazakhstan
8. The International Hockey Federation has decided to allot the next Hockey World Cup in 2010 to India. In which year Hockey World Cup tournament started?
(A) 1971 (B) 1974 (C) 1976 (D) 1977
Ans. (A) 1971
9. Write short notes on the following:
a) SCO2 gene b) Space Shuttle Columbia c) Red October d) Milos Zeman
e) Shahrukh Khan f) Sreeramamurthy Janaki
10. Digital marketing company GETIT Info services on 19 January 2013 rolled out DigiGains, aname give to platform for digital marketing. What was the purpose of DigiGains?
a) To benefit Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
b) To benefit Small, Medium and Large Enterprises
c) To benefit Small-Scale Enterprises
d) To benefit Large-Scale Enterprises
Answer: (a) to benefit Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
11. The automobile company, Volkswagen in the third week of January 2013 unveiled its new advertising campaign. What is the name of this advertising campaign?
a) Fast Track b) Fast Speed c) Fast Start d) Fast Pace
Answer: (c) Fast Start
12. Reliance Industries shut down its eighth well on the main gas-producing field in KG-D6 block, which compelled the output to drop down to an all-time low at 20.88 million metric standard cubic metre per day (mmscmd). What is the name of eighth well of KG-D6 block?
a) B4 b) B6 c) B8 d) B2Answer: (b) B6
13. Spice Global, the diversified company on 22 January 2013 entered into the healthcare Sector. What is the name of the hospital inaugurated by Spice Global?
a) New Delhi city Hospital b) Mehrauli City Hospital c) NFC Hospital d) Saket City HospitalAnswer: (d) Saket City Hospital
14. Which leading Dutch financial services group departed the insurance business in India by selling off 26 percent stake to the Exide Industries, its joint-venture partner?
a) ING b) Bupa health Insurance c) Oriental Insurance d) Bajaj AllianzAnswer: (a) ING
15. Name the first women chief Justice of Sri Lanka, who was removed from her office following the process of impeachment by the countries Parliament.
a) Srimavo Bandaranaike b) Vivimarie Vanderpoorten
c) Shirani Bandarnayake d) Chandrika KumaratungaAnswer: (c) Shirani Bandarnayake
16. The FDI inflow in China dropped down by what percentage in the year 2012?
a) 3.7 percent b) 1.6 percent c) 6.3 percent d) 4 percentAnswer: (a) 3.7 percent
17. US President Barrack Obama’s half-brother, Malik Obama decided to launch his political career in the third week of January 2013. Malik Obama announced that he intended running for the gubernatorial seat in the Kenyan country in elections which will be held on 4 March 2013. Malik Obama is planning to contest elections from which country?
a) Zimbabwe b) Kenya c) Algeria d) Sao Tome and PrincipeAnswer: (b) Kenya
18. Name the Constitutional Body that recommended setting up of the Special Court for conducting the trials of the Italian Marines accused of shooting the two fishermen in Indian Ocean.
a) Supreme Court of India b) High court of Delhi
c) Union Home Ministry d) High Court of KeralaAnswer: (a) Supreme Court of India
19. The Supreme Court of India in January 2013 banned tourists from to pass from Andaman Nicobar Trunk Road that passes through the tribal area. Name the tribe that is the local resident of the region.
a) Sentinelese Tribes b) Jarawa Tribes c) Peruvian Tribes d) Pintupi Nine TribesAnswer: (b) Jarawa Tribes
20. The centre of excellence which specializes in reading the weather conditions of the space and helps the air traffic on their polar routes is scheduled to come up in which city and by when. The space weather reading centre in Kolkata will be first of its kind and is approved by Union HRD Ministry.
a) Kolkata by mid 2013 b) Bangalore by January 2013
c) Bhopal by end of 2013 d) Mumbai by mid 2013
Answer: (a) Kolkata by mid 2013
21. India for the continuous second year reported no fresh cases of Polio. How many more year of success with zero fresh cases of polio, would win India a status of polio free nation, in 2014.
a) Three year b) All ready won the status c) One year d) Five years
Answer: (c) One year
22. When and by which body was the Global Polio Eradication Initiative, the Pulse Polio Immunization (PPI) Program was initiated in India with the aim of eradicating it completely from the country.
a) In 1987 and was a program of United Nation
b) In 2000 and was a program of World Health Organization's (WHO)
c) In 1995 and was a program of World Health Organization's (WHO)
d) In 1990 and was a program of UNESCO
Answer: (c) In 1995 and was a program of World Health Organization's (WHO)
23. The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Food and Consumer Affairs in January 2013 suggested the entitlement of the food under the National Food Security Act to the what percent population and left behind what percentage of people, who are tax-payers and have pucca houses of their own?
a) 60 percent population is entitled with it and 40 percent is kept out from the plan
b) 58 percent population is entitled with it and 42 percent is kept out from the plan
c) 67 percent population is entitled with it and 33 percent is kept out from the plan
d) 55 percent population is entitled with it and 45 percent is kept out from the plan
Answer: (c) 67 percent population is entitled with it and 33 percent are kept out from the plan
24. Name the identity card that has been decided and consequently advised by the Ministry of External Affairs in January 2013 to all Passport Issuing Authorities for acceptance of the same as the Proof of Address and Photo identity in conjunction with any other prescribed documents for proof of address/identity for the purpose of passport application.
a) Aadhaar Card b) Ration Card c) Educational Certificate d) Birth Certificates
Answer: (a) Aadhaar Card
25. Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL) on 8 January 2013 launched the first fast patrol vessel (FPV), built for the Indian Coast Guard. The vessel is the first in a series of 20 numbers fast patrol vessel (FPVs) contracted by CSL for the Indian Coast Guard. What is the name of the Patrol Vehicle?
a) Madhusudan b) Aadesh c) Rastrabhakt d) Vishwast
Answer: (b) Aadesh
26. A Special Bench of two Justices was constituted in the month of January 2013 to hear cases of crime against women. Name the body that was responsible behind its constitution.
a) Supreme Court of India b) Ministry of Home Affairs
c) Planning Commission of India d) Prime Minister’s Office (PMO)
Answer: (a) Supreme Court of India
27. The leading software services exporter of India posted a very strong, unexpected 23 percent increase in the quarterly profit for October to December 2012 quarter. What is the name of this company?
a) Wipro b) Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) c) IBM d) Satyam
Answer: (b) Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
28. Air India on 17 January 2013 grounded the fleet of all six Boeing 787 dreamliners after US federal agency asked its airlines to ground the Boeing 787. What was the reason for grounding the fleet?
a) Employees went on strike b) No funds for fuel
c) Safety hazard d) None of these
Answer: (c) Safety hazard
29. The Japanese automaker on 16 January 2013 launched a five-speed automatic version of the Fortuner SUV for 22.33 lakh rupees (ex-showroom New Delhi). What is the name of this Japanese automaker?
a) Toyota Kirloskar Motor b) Nissan c) General Motors d) Volkswagen
Answer: (a) Toyota Kirloskar Motor
30. Which airways company in the month of January 2013 entered into a partnership with CentrumDirect to offer Foreign Exchange Services to guests travelling abroad?
a) Spice b) Kingfisher c) Indian Airlines d) Jet Airways
Answer: (d) Jet Airways
31. Which online marketplace on 18 January 2013 tied up with Mahindra & Mahindra for selling of its two-wheelers to customers on the site?
a) E-bay.com b) Myntra.com c) Snapdeal.com d) Amazon.com
Answer: (c) Snapdeal.com
32. Scientists at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, US and Karolinska Institute in Sweden got a genetic get through into the main cause of arthritis. What, according to the scientists could be used for predicting the person who could potentially be at a risk of this disease?
a) Simple X-Ray b) Simple Blood test c) Simple Diagnosis d) None of these
Answer: (b) Simple Blood Test
33. A team at Intel, the computer hardware firm created a device, which is said to allow which renowned physicist of the world to communicate faster than before?
a) Nikola Tesla b) Antoine Henri Becquerel c) Max Planck d) Stephen Hawking
Answer: (d) Stephen Hawking
34. In which Indian zoo were the thirty one Black Bucks killed by the stray dogs on 19 January 2013?
a) Kanpur Zoo b) Lucknow Zoo c) Delhi Zoo d) Patna Zoo
Answer: (a) Kanpur Zoo
35. Where was the Vulture Population Estimation-2013 conducted by the State Government?
a) Manas Tiger Reserve b) Panna Tiger Reserve c) Palamau Tiger Reserve
d) Pench Tiger Reserve
Answer: Panna Tiger Reserve
36. Researchers at the University of California, San Diego, in the third week of January 2013 developed a fresh technique that enables surgeons to find out about the reach of tumours and helps them to decide which tissues should be removed for saving the healthy cells in cancer patients. What is the name of this new technique?
a) Laser Imaging b) Molecular-Laser Imaging
c) Molecular-Targeted imaging d) Target Imaging
Answer: (c) Molecular-Targeted imaging
37. Kaspersky Lab, the Russian cyber security firm on 14 January 2013 revealed that India is one among various nations which are hit by the cyber spying which has been targeting governmental, diplomatic and scientific research organisations for around 5 years. What is the name of this cyber spying campaign?
a) Blue October b) Red December c) Blue December d) Red October
Answer: (d) Red October
38. Which space agency released surprising pictures of the remains of huge river which ran across the Red Planet, Mars at some point of time, on 17 January 2013?
a) NASA b) European Space Agency c) Australian Space Agency d) None of these
Answer: (b) European Space Agency
39. Astronomers had already discovered that the super-massive black holes which sit in the centres of various galaxies were growing faster. Professor Graham explained that every time there is a ten times increase in the stellar mass of the galaxy, it leads to around 100 times increase in the ______________. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option:
a) Mass of black hole b) Density of black hole
c) Both of these d) None of these
Answer: (a) Mass of black hole
40. Versace 19.69 Abbigliamento Sportivo, the Italian luxury brand for clothing entered into India through its partnership with which Indian apparel as well as leather exporter?
a) Majgenta Fashions b) Levis Strauss c) Pepe Jeans d) Mango
Answer: (a) Majgenta Fashions
41. Income Tax officials surveyed the Sriperumbudur plant of which mobile company in its daylong survey on 8 January 2013 in order to find out the tax default, if it existed?
a) Motorola b) Samsung c) Nokia d) Sony Ericsson
Answer: (c) Nokia
42. With which bank did the Chamber of Indian Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (CIMSME) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in Kolkata on 4 January 2013?
a) Dena Bank b) State Bank of India c) Axis Bank d) Allahabad Bank
Answer: (d) Allahabad Bank
43. Where did PR Fonroche, the joint venture of the French company Fonroche and the Indian company PR Clean Energy, on 10 January 2013 inaugurated a 5 MW Solar Plant in India?
a) Punjab b) Rajasthan c) Haryana d) Chandigarh
Answer: (b) Rajasthan
44. Microsoft in the month of January 2013 announced plans to shut down which service?
a) MS Office 2007 b) Skype c) Windows Live Messenger d) Bing
Answer: (c) Windows Live Messenger
45. Name the International Cricket Team with which India Lost the Series by 2-1 after it won the last match by 10 runs on 6th January 2013.
(a) England (b) Australia (c) Pakistan (d) South Africa
46. Name the Argentine footballer who won FIFA Ballond’Or Award on 7 January 2013 as a reward to his 91-goal in a year for Barcelona and Argentina, in the year 2012.
(a) Lionel Messi (b) Zavier Zanetti (c) Oscar Ruggeri (d) Gabriel Batistuta
Answer (a) Lionel Messi
47. Name the Indian Women Weightlifter who on 10 January 2013 Won Maiden National Title in National Weightlifting Championship 2013.
(a) Binitha Devi (b) Amanpreet Kaur (c) Manpreet Kaur (d) Karnam Malleswar
Answer (c) Manpreet Kaur
48. Which International cricket Umpire is supposed to become the first ever umpire to deliver, the MCC Spirit of Cricket Cowdrey Lecture scheduled to be delivered on 24 July 2013?
(a) Billy Bowden (b) Steve Bucknor (c) Rod Tucker (d) Simon Taufel
Answer (d) Simon Taufel
49. Name the Olympic gold medalist who Won Athlete of the Year Award at JAAA Golden Cleats Awards Ceremony.
(a) Michael Phelps (b) Usain Bolt (c) Chris Roy (d) Carl Lewis
Answer (b) Usain Bolt
50. Which Australian pace legend was inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame during the third Test between Australia and Sri Lanka starting from 4 January2013 in Sydney?
(a) Glenn McGrath (b) Shane Warne (c) Brett Lee (d) Allan Border
Answer (a) Glenn McGrath
51. Name the player of Indian cricket team who 4 January 2013 was named as CEAT
International Cricketer of the Year 2012
(a) Yuvraj Singh (b) Gautam Gambhir (c) Sachin Tendulkar (d) Virat Kohli
Answer (d) Virat Kohli
52. Which tennis player duo claimed the ladies double final at the Brisbane International?
(a) Sania Mirza and Mahesh Bhupati (b) Sania Mirza and Bethanie Mattek-Sands
(c) Saian Nehwal and Bethanie Mattek-Sands (d) Sania Mirza and Serena Williams
Answer (b) Sania Mirza and Bethanie Mattek-Sands
53. Name the tennis player who claimed the WTA Brisbane International trophy with her first ever single Brisbane International Title?
(a) Venus Williams (b) Serena Williams (c) Anastasia Sergeyevna Pavlyuchenkova
(d) Maria Sharapova
Answer (b) Serena Williams
54. Name the third seeded Scottish tennis player who retained his Brisbane International Tennis Title after defeating the Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov on 6 January 2013.
(a) Jamie Murray (b) Andy Murray (c) Roger Federer (d) Ian Collins
Answer (b) Andy Murray
55. The Government of China recently launched a postage stamp to mark the year 2013. Name the animal depicted on the postage stamp?
a) Lizard b) Snake c) Dragon d) Rabbit
56. Which kind of wine can distort the results of testosterone level in body?
(a) White Wine (b) Rose Wine (c) Purple Wine (d) Red Wine
Answer: (d) Red Wine
57. Which is the largest cosmic structure in the universe that is powered by super massive black holes clump together? This structure was discovered by the astronomers in the first week of January 2013.
(a) Large Quasar Group (b) Galaxy Filaments (c) Inflationary universe
(d) None of these
Answer: (a) Large Quasar Group
58. Name the first Asian country to Order Chemical Castration of Child Rapist?
a) South Korea b) North Korea c) Afghanistan d) Russia
Answer. (a) South Korea
59. US President Barack Obama on 3 January 2013 signed into law an annual Policy Bills, authorizing 633 billion dollars to be spent for 2013. The bill was earlier threatened by the White House to be exercised as a Veto. Name the Bill?
a) Annual Defence Policy Bill b) Annual Employment Bill
c) Infrastructure Development Bill d) Education Bill
60. Where was the first wind power project commissioned by National Aluminium Co Ltd (Nalco) in the Month of January 2013?
a) Hyderabad b) Tamil Nadu c) Andhra Pradesh d) Kochin
Answer: (c) Andhra Pradesh
61. Scientists claimed that the 2-billion year old dark black rock, called Northwest Africa (NWA) 7034 or Black Beauty is actually new kind of Martian meteorite which contains 10 times excess water than the normal. Where did this rock land in 2011?
a) Mexico b) Sahara c) Antractica d) None of these
Answer: (b) Sahara
62. Astronomers studying about the newborn star observed glimpses of the planets which were forming around it. Astronomers were studying the HD 142527 which is __________ away from the Earth. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option:
a) 450 light years b) 350 light years c) 250 light years d) 150 light years
Answer: (a) 450 light years
63. Which largest mountain glacier of the world was claimed to have been reduced to 5.9 km in its longitudinal extent from the time period of 1989 to 2009 because of increasing temperatures and presence of humans?
a) Gangotri b) Janapa c) Miyar d) SiachenAnswer: (d) Siachen
• The person who on 25 January 2013 became Czech Republic’s first directly elected President as per the Czech Republic Presidential election results-Milos Zeman
• The Bollywood superstar who topped the inaugural Forbes India Celebrity 100 list-Shahrukh Khan
• The renowned playback singer, who on 26 January 2013 refused to accept the prestigious Padma Bhushan-Sreeramamurthy Janaki
• The ballistic missile successfully test fired by India with a strike range of around 700 kilometres, from an underwater platform in Bay of Bengal-K15
• The Kannada author who was shortlisted among other ten authors for prestigious International Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2013-UR Ananthamurthy
• The major of Rashtriya Rifles who was selected for Kirti Chakra for his extraordinary bravery efforts in counter- terrorist operations in J&K-Major Abup J Manjali
• The mastermind of 26/11 terror attack who was sentenced to 35 years of imprisonment by the U.S. Federal District Court Judge Harry Leinenweber-David Coleman Headley
• The Islamic school of India which on 23 January 2013 demanded that the controversial writers should be banned from 6th edition of Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF)- Darul Uloom Deoband
• The two Scientists awarded with the prestigious Aryabhatta Award instituted by the Astronautical Society of India (ASI)- Dr. A.E. Muthunayagam and Dr. V.K. Saraswat
• The Chennai-born Scientist of Indian Origin and President of Micronutrient Initiative, Canada who was awarded with Canada’s Highest Civilian Award – the Order of Canada-Venkatesh Mannar
• The former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor who constituted the 14th FinanceCommission under Union Government in January 2013-Yaga Venugopal Reddy
• The place at which the foundation stone of the state-of-the-art National Data Centre of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) was laid-Manesar, Gurgaon in Haryana
• The first fast patrol vessel (FPV), launched by Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL) on 8 January 2013 which was built for the Indian Coast Guard – Aadesh
• The Special Bench of Justices of A.K. Patnaik and Gyan Sudha Misra to hear cases of crime against women was constituted by-Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir
• Keeping under consideration the sharp increase in the cost of materials, the Union Cabinet in January 2013 approved the Ministry of Rural Development’s proposal to increase the unit cost under-Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY)
• The person elected by Shiv Sena as the President of the Party on 23 January 2013 at Sena Headquarters at Dadar, Central Mumbai- Uddhav Thackeray
• The BJP President who on 22 January 2013 resigned from his post as after his resignation, Rajnath Singh was elected as the party chief-Nitin Gadkari
• The Female sports personalities and the Olympic Bronze Medalists who on 22 Jan. 2013 nominated by Election Commission of India as National Icons-Mary Kom and Saina Nehwal
• The largest shore patrol vessel which was commissioned in the eastern coast for maritime surveillance around Andaman and Nicobar Islands- NS Saryu
• Former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh who merged his Jan Kranti Party with Bhartiya Janta Party, during the Atal Shankhnaad Rally of BJP at Lucknow- Kalyan Singh
• The third oldest elephant of the world, which celebrated its 66th birthday at the Inokashira Park Zoo of Japan- Hanako
• The congress MP who on 19 January 2013 declared the new vice-president of Indian National Congress after the decision made by the Congress Working Committee-Rahul Gandhi
• The actor and the actress who bagged the best actor and actress award in the 58th Idea Film fare Awards given away on 20 January 2013-Ranbir Kapoor and Vidya Balan
• The Dutch Coach who in the month of January was appointed as the High Performance Director for Indian Hockey Team- Roelant Oltmans
• The Indian researcher who was selected to be felicitated with the Young Investigator Scholarship Award for his work on Alzheimer's drug- Mahaveer Golechha
• The Union Minister for Urban Development and Parliamentary Affairs, who was elected as a leader of Indian delegation for World Economic Forum 2013- Kamal Nath
• Indian-origin women who became the first woman and the 9th Speaker of the Singapore Parliament on 14 January 2013 by replacing Michael Palmer-Halimah Yacob
• The place at where ITU summoned the World Conference on InternationalTelecommunications held from 3-14 Dec 2012- Dubai
• The former all-rounder of India from Surat who died on 13 January 2013 in Mumbai at the age of 76 years- Rusi Framroze Surti
• The place at which Indian and Pakistani armies held Brigade Commander-level flag meeting- Chakan-Da-Bagh in Poonch district in Jammu and Kashmir
•Urjit Patel is appointed as a Deputy Governer of the Reserve Bank of India.
•The first phase of Direct Cash Transfer scheme is launched by the Union Government in 20 districts.
•World famous violinist M S Gopalakrishnan passed away at the age of 82.
•S Ramakrishnan joined Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre(VSSC) as the new Director.
•Cricketer Jacques Kallis becomes the 4th test cricketer to reach the 13,000 runs.
•M-Education service is launched by Bharti Airtel to provide facilities of English learning, exam preparation and career counselling on mobile phones.
•An exhibition of around 250 paintings was inaugurated by West Bengal Chief Minister Ms.Mamata Banerjee held at Kolkata Town Hall.
•Masaki Asano is the new Deputy Managing Director of India Yamaha Motor
•Teenage Pakistani activist Malala Yousufzai’s father Ziauddin is being appointed as Pakistan’s education attache in Birmigham
•Kerala State Government announced a scheme to distribute free iron tablets to school students to prevent Anemia
•Indian-American Srikanth Srinivasan is among the 33 federal judges re-nominated by the US President Barack Obama for the US Court of Appeals.
•Chief Justice of India, Altamas Kabir inaugurated the first of the five fast-track courts in Delhi.• The new communication satellite launched by NASA on 31 January 2013 to stay in touch with its space station astronauts- TDRS(Tracking and Data Relay Satellite)
• The person who emerged as winner to the first direct Presidential elections held in Czech Republic on 25 January 2013-Milos Zeman
• The renowned painter of Bengal School died on 1 February 2013 following a brief illness at Kolkata hospital- Shanu Lahiri
• The prominent Pakistani journalist died on 2 February 2013 in New York following 4-year long fight with cancer- Ayesha Haroon
• World cancer day was observed on - 4 February 2013
• Solicitor-General of India, who resigned from his office on 4 February 2013- Rohinton F Nariman
• The Australian cricket captain who won the fourth Allan Border Medal in Melbourne on 4 February 2013- Michael Clarke
• President of Republic of Mauritius who visited India from 3 Jan 2013 to 10 Jan 2013 and was honoured with the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award-Rajkeswur Purryag
• The King of Bhutan who visited India from 23 to 30 January 2013 and was the Chief Guest for the Republic Day Celebration- Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck
• The fourth largest private sector Bank of India which was awarded the Financial Institutions Syndicated Deal of the Year 2012 in its Asia Pacific Region- YES Bank
• The Parliament Attack Convict, who was hanged on 9 Feb 2013 at Tihar Jail after his mercy petition was cancelled by the President of India- Afzal Guru
• The Advocate-General of West Bengal who resigned from his office on 8 Feb 2013- Anindya Kumar Mitra
• The 72 years old table tennis legend who died in Beijing on 10 February 2013 following lengthy fight with cancer- Zhuang Zedong
• The sitar legend was honoured with the posthumous Lifetime Achievement Grammy award ON 9 February 2013- Pandit Ravi Shankar
• US Marine General who took over the command of the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan- Joseph Dunford
• Conference for South Asian Autism Network (SAAN) for Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) was concluded on -11 Feb 2013
• Code name given to secret plan for executing Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorist Afzal Guru in Tihar Jail on 9 February 2013 -Operation Three Star
• The short range surface-to-surface missile launched by Pakistan on 11 February 2013 -Hatf IX (NASR)
• The Person appointed as the chairman of Lalit Kala Akademi on 12 February 2013- Kalyan Kumar Chakravarty
• Prime Minister of the Himalayan Kingdom Bhutan was on an official visit to India from 7 Feb. to 9 Feb. 2013- Lyonchhen Jigmi Y. Thinley
• World Radio Day was observed on which day to raise awareness about the importance of radio- 12 February 2013
• The former Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court, who sworn in as the Lokayukta on 14 February 2013- Y Bhaskar Rao
• The theme of 27nd edition of Surajkund mela that was ended on 15 February 2013 was –Karnataka
• The person who was appointed as the next Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations on 13 February 2013- Asoke Kumar Mukerji
• The Country which banned the Japanese cartoon Doraemon in the third week of February 2013 because of the fears of Hindi invasion-Bangladesh
• The Ecuador's President who was re-elected for a third term with more than 50 percent of the vote- Rafael Correa
• The Person who was conferred with Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development Award 2011 by the President of India Pranab Mukherjee on 18 Feb 2013 -Ela Ramesh Bhatt
• The former Union Minister and three times MP for Rajya Sabha, who died at the age of 68 on 19 February 2013- Radhakishan Malviya
• The former LIC chief who took over as the Chairman of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) on 21 February 2013- T. S. Vijayan
• The former head of Tata Group who was awarded the life time achievement award 2012 by Ernst & Young on 21 February 2013- Ratan Tata
• The Car Rally that was flagged off from the Helipad Ground in Salt Lake Stadium, West Bengal on 22 February 2013- Silk Route Car Rally
• The playbook which won four awards at the Independent Spirit Awards in Santa Monica on 24 February 2013- Silver Linings Playbook
• The Person who had sworn -in as the first woman President of South Korea on 25 February 2013- Park Geun-hye
Which mobile network in India launched ‘One Nation, One Rate’ offering same rate for voice, sms and data in home circles and on roaming its network?
Which unique online contest organised by Karnataka Regional Youth Commission drew good response recently?
Ans-Crib Contest 2012
Where in India 34th annual national conference of Indian Academy Forensic Medicine will be held from 1st to 3rd February 2013?
Ans-Mangalore (The Department of Forensic Medicine, Kasturba Medical College)
Which university in India launched its diamond jubilee logo on 26th January 2013, Republic Day? Ans-Manipal University Q-Which country announced a deal with international lenders to cancel its debt of about $6 billion?
Which automobile maker sold 9.75 million vehicles group-wide and regained the crown as the world’s top selling automaker of 2012?
Ans-Toyota Motor Corp
SEBI allowed which stock exchange to voluntarily opt out of the exchange space in India?
Ans-Hyderabad Stock Exchange
Who is appointed as Senior Vice President Business Development of Shapoorji Pallonji International?
Which identity card that has been decided and consequently advised by the Ministry of External Affairs in January 2013 to all Passport Issuing Authorities for proof of address/identity for the purpose of passport application?
Ans- Aadhaar Card.
What is the new name of 'No Frill Account'?
Ans :- Basic Banking Account
Who is the new Defense Secretary of US?
Answer :- Chak Hegal
The National Test House(NTH) which recently celebrated it's 100 years of celebration is located in which place?
Answer :- Kolkata
Which Indian is all set to join the prestigious international Satellite Hall of France? Answer :- U.R.Rao
Recently, which bank has announced to open it's second branch in China?
Answer :- State Bank of India
Who is the new Defense Secretary of US?
Answer :- Chak Hegal
Who has been appointed as the new CEO of Bharti Infratel?
Answer :- Sunil Khurana
Name the political party formed by P.A.Sagma, former Lok Sabha Speaker?
Answer :- National Peoples Party(NPP)
Who is the new Director of Intelligence Bureau(IB)?
Answer :- Syed Asif Ibrahim
Which sports car has smashed the world record for acceleration after hitting nearly 300 kmph in just over 13 seconds?
Answer :- Hennessey Venom GT
Who is the current Chairman of University Grands Commission?
Answer :- Ved Praksh
Who has been appointed as the new Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Center (VSSC)?
Answer :- S.Ramakrishnan
Who took charge as Minister of State in the Ministry of Human Resource Development in New Delhi?
Ans: Dr. Shashi Tharoor.
Who addressed colorful cultural; extravaganza called ‘SONABYSS-2012’?
Ans: Paban Singh Ghatowar.
Who has received the 27th Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration?
Who is the current Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra?
Ans: Ajit Pawar.
Kaziranga University tied up with which university recently?
Ans: Cardiff Metropolitan University of United Kingdom.
Who is the current military chief of China?
Ans: Xi Jinping.
Which Indian-American named US Professor of the year recently?
Ans: Autar Kaw.
Who has been appointed as the new CEO of Cipla?
Ans: Subhanu Saxena.
Who has been re-elected as the Chairman of United Nations Panel of External Auditors?
Ans: Vinod Rai.
What is the name of 2014 Fifa World Cup Mascot?
Which country won the T20 World Cup for the Blind?
In which year Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) was launched?
Who has assumed charge as Executive Director on the Board of the International Monetary Fund?
Ans: Dr. Rakesh Mohan.
Who has been honored with the Hoover Medal at the Global Humanitarian Technology Conference in Seattle in Washington?
Ans: V. Narayan Murthy.
Who is the President of Mauritania?
Ans: Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz.
Who has been appointed as the Chairman of ICC’s Cricket Committee?
Ans: Anil Kumble.
The first International Day of Rural Women was observed on ______.
Ans: 15th October, 2008.
Recently which day was celebrated as the first International Day of the Girl Child by the United Nations?
Ans: 11th October.
In which country the 12th summit of Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) was held?
Which organization has been awarded the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize?
Ans: European Union.
Austere Challenge 2012 is the joint military exercise of USA and ______.
Women’s Twenty20 Asia Cup 2012 was held in which country?
Rupesh Saha is a famous _______ player.
Who is the founder & Chairman of Virgin Group?
Ans: Richard Branson.
Which day is celebrated as the Navy Day in India?
Ans: 4th December.
In which country the 5th Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction was held?
Who assumed charge as the Union Minister of Culture?
Ans: Chandresh Kumari Katoch.
Who has won the F1 title of 2012?
Ans: Sebastian Vettel.
Who has taken charge as the Chairperson & Managing Director of Bank of India?
Ans: Vijayalakshmi Iyer.
Who has been conferred the membership of ‘Order of Australia’?
Ans: Sachin Tendulkar.
Who is the Prime Minister of Canada?
Ans: Stephen Harper.
Who has been re-elected as the President of United States?
Ans: Barack Obama.
Which film has won the Best Film Award in the 14th Mumbai Film Festival?
Ans: Miss Lovely.
A total of ______ trains have been identified for providing OBHS services.
Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA)?
Ans: Deep Joshi.
In which state the 28th National Junior Athletic Championships were held?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh.
Mahesh Bhupathi and ________ clinched the Paris Master.
Ans: Rohan Bopanna.
Which country has won the Asian Kabaddi Championship?
Peter Gade has announced his retirement from International ________.
Who has won the Golden Boot Award as Europe’s top Scorer?
Ans: Lionel Messi.
Which day is observed as World AIDS Day every year?
Ans: 1st December.
Who is the Foreign Secretary of Britain?
Ans: William Hague.
Who dedicated to the nation a new Integrated Terminal Building of Swami Vivekananda Airport at Raipur?
Ans: Pranab Mukherjee.
Union Cabinet approved levy of about Rs. _______ crore one-time spectrum fees on all existing telecom companies.
Who took over as the new Minister of Minority Affairs?
Ans: K. Rahman Khan.
The Andhra Pradesh High Court termed the life-ban imposed on Indian cricketer ___________, illegal.
Ans: Muhammad Azharuddin.
Who took charge as the new Urban Development and Parliamentary Affairs Minister?
Ans: Kamal Nath
Who was conferred the Great Cross of Civil Merit by Government of Spain?
Ans: Dr. Farooq Abdullah.
Who assumed office as the new Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas?
Ans: Dr. M. Veerappa Moily.
Who has been appointed as the Director General, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)?
Ans: Pranay Sahay.
Who assumed charge as the Union Minister of Railways on October 29, 2012?
Ans: Pawan Kumar Bansal.
Who has been appointed as Director General (Investigation), National Human Rights Commission?
Ans: Kanwaljit Deol.
Who assumed charge as the Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Science?
Ans: Jaipal Reddy.
India and ______ will explore the possibilities of joint venture investment in the field of hotel industry and infrastructural development.
Who assumed charge as the Minister of States for Tribal Affairs?
Ans: Rance Narah.
India and which country discussed Bilateral Cooperation in Transport Sector?
Who assumed charge as the Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Industries?
Ans: Tariq Anwar.
Who assumed charge as the Minister of State (Independent Charge) in the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports?
Ans: Jitendra Singh.
Who assumed charge as the Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment?
Ans: Kumari Selja.
India and which country signed and Audi Visual Coproduction Agreement?
Who is Rakesh Misra?
Ans: Director General, Central Public Works Department, Ministry opf Urban Development.
Who is the chairman of SAIL?
Ans: C.S Verma.
Who has taken over as the new Corporate Affairs Minister in Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi? Ans: Sachin Pilot.
Department of Posts has been involved in rural development for the last _____ years.
Who took charge as the Minister of Information & Broadcasting?
Ans: Manish Tewari.
With which country India has agreed to Explore Cooperation in Tourism Sector recently?
‘Arrangement for Cooperation on Civil Aviation’ has been signed recently between India & which country?
Ans: New Zealand.
How many pacts have been signed between India & New Zealand to cooperate in the field of education?
Two companies RENFE-Operadora and ADIF have signed an agreement with Indian Railway for technical cooperation. Which country these companies belong to?
The Centre has decided to provide ________ subsidy per Kg on the import of pulses to the states.
Ans: 20 rupees.
Who was the first black President of Supreme Court of Brazil?
Ans: Joaquim Barbosa.
Whose bronze statue was unveiled in Florida town by former President A. P. J. Abdul Kalam?
Ans: Mahatma Gandhi.
Which country successfully launched two experimental satellites to test its domestically developed components?
The global urban population is estimated to be 6.3 billion by which year?
Recently which country test-fired two nuclear-capable ballistic missiles?
Who has received a Special Recognition Award from the Sikh community in London for his outstanding contribution in setting up a USD 4 billion JV refinery in Punjab? Ans: Laksmi Mittal.
Who has been elected President of the National Federation of Indian American Associations?
Ans: Sohan Joshi.
Who has topped the list of ’40 under 40’, prepared by Fortune?
Ans: Lary Page.
Wu Yajun has topped this year Hurun rich list for women. Who is she?
Ans: Property Developer, China.
Who has retained his position as the world’s richest Indian for the fifth year in a row?
Ans: Mukesh Ambani.
State-owned BPCL and Videocon Industries made an oil discovery in their deep sea black off in which country?
Who has been appointed as the new COO of Yahoo?
Ans: Henrique de Castro.
SBI has opened two new branches in South Africa to tap business opportunities. Name the cities they are located in.
Ans: Pretoria, Chatsworth.
Which stock exchanges of India recently joined Sustainable Stock Exchanges (SSE) initiative?
Ans: Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
Which company recently opened its largest store in Beijing, China?
Which network won the Hyderabad IPL Franchise for 85.05 Crores per year?
Ans: Sun TV Network.
How many Indian companies have figured among Newsweek’s annual rankings of the World’s greenest companies?
Which city of India has figured among the 10 most attractive cities for international travel shoppers in the Asia-Pacific region?
India has signed a Protocol amending the Convention on avoidance of double taxation with which country?
Ans: United Kingdom.
Who is the current MD and CE of BSE?
Ans: Ashish Kumar Chauhan.
SAIL has appointed around _______ rural dealers in the first six months of 2012-13.
India is the ______ largest producer of fruits and vegetables in the world.
Which construction major has bagged an order worth Rs 1,252 crore from the Delhi Metro? Ans: L & T.
Post a Comment