Disclaimer: -The Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant Examination Key is prepared by Akula. Praveen Kumar, Sub Postmaster, Papannapet SO-502303 (Medak Division Mob no. 9849636361), Telangana State, in good faith of Postal Assistant exam aspirants. Author of blog does not accepts any responsibility in relation to the accuracy, correctness of answers or otherwise, of the contents.
THE KEY PUBLISHED BY INDIA POST IS FINAL.
ASSAM CIRCLE PA/SA EXAM KEY
1. In which discipline United States holds maximum number of Nobel Prize awards?
Ans: D: Medicine-Physiology
2. September 28 is observed as
Ans: C : World Rabies Day
3. Who said these words?
When I wash a leper's wounds, I feel I am nursing the Lord himself. Touch a leaper, touch him with love
Ans: A: Mother Teresa
4. Junk e-mail is also called
Ans: D: Spam
5. Which one of the following cups/trophies is associated with football?
Ans: D: Santhosh Trophy
6. With whose permission did the English set up their first factory at Surat?
7. Which one of the following is the longest National Highway in India?
Ans: B: NH 7
8. Blue colour of the sky is consequence of
Ans: C: scattering
9. Which is the best-known bird sanctuary in Haryana?
Ans: A: Sultanpur
10. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has declared decade 2010-2020 as
Ans. A: Decade of innovation
11. What is a function of a keyboard in a computer?
Ans: B: Input
12. Which Indian film was nominated for an Oscar?
Ans: D: Lagaan
13. NavyDay is observed on
Ans: A: Dec 4
14. Who is the author of the book "Naked Triangle"?
Ans: C : Balwant Gargi
15. Which one of the following connects the different parts of a computer which is usually made up of wires?
Ans: C: Buses
16. With which game does Santhosh Trophy associated?
Ans: C: National Football
17. The introduction of token currency by Mohammed-bin-Tughlaq did not succeed because
Ans: C: Extensive counterfeiting of token currency
18. Which one of the following is the first National Park established in India?
Ans: B: Corbett
19. One light year is approximately equal to:
Ans: A: 10^11 km
20. Fatehpur Sikri was once the capital of the Mughal Empire. This city was built by
Ans: A: Akbar
21. Which state gives Nandi Award?
Ans: D: Andhra Pradesh
22. Who is the author of the book "The Rights of Man"?
Ans: D: Thomas Paine
23. Which of the following term is used in game of Cricket?
Ans: C: LBW
24. Which one of the following was the first English newspaper in India in the 1780?
Ans: B: The Bengal Gazette
25. Rain water collected after 30 to 40 minutes of raining is not suitable for drinking because it
Ans:D: is acidic
26. Calculate the third proportional to 15 and 30
Ans: D: 60
27. Find the square root of 0.204*42/0.07*3.7
Ans: B: 6
28. Find the value of : 35/6 * 45/7 + 11/2 = ?
Ans: D: 43
29. Convert 9.467777... into a vulgar fraction /
Ans: A: 9 421/900
30. At what rate of annual simple interest, a certain sum will amount to four times in 15 year ?
Ans; C: 20%
31. What will be the present worth of rs. 169 due in two year at 4% pa compound interest ?
Ans: C :150.50
32. 50kg is what percent of 250 kg ?
Ans: C : 20%
33. Find the average of first 91 natural numbers
Ans: C: 46
34. A person buys a book for rs. 200 and sells it for rs. 225. What will be his gain percent ?
Ans: D: 12.5%
35. The present population of a city is 80,000. If the rate of growth is 5% per year, find the population after 3 years.
Ans: C : 92,610
36. Find the value of: 12% of 980- ? % 0f 450 = 30% of 227
Ans: C :11
37. The average weight of A,B,C is 45kg. If the average weight of A and B is 40kg and that of B and C is 43kg, then the weight of B is ?
Ans; D: 31kg
38. A shopkeeper claims to sell his articles at a discount of 10% but marks his articles by increasing the cost of each by 40%. His gain percent is
Ans: A : 26%
39. An angle is 32 degree less than its supplement. The measure of the angle is
Ans: B : 74
40. Find the difference of place and face value of 4 in 324372
Ans: A: 3996
41. 12 men can do a piece of work in 24 days. How many days are needed to complete the work if 8 men do this work.
Ans: B: 36
42. A car covers a distance of 690 km in 30 h. What is the avarage speed of the car ?
Ans: B: 23km/h
43. The unit digit in 7105 is ?
Ans: B: 7
44. Find the value of : 416.08-107.19-9.9=?
Ans: C: 298.99
45. If 12 men or 18 women can do a piece of work in 14 days. How long will 8 men and 16 women take to finish the work ?
Ans: A: 9 days
46. If sohail walks for his home to office at 16km/h,he is late by 5 min. If he walks at 20km/h, he reaches 10 min before the office time. Find the distance of his office from his house.
Ans: B: 20km
47. In a class, the number of boys and girls is in the ratio of 4:5. If 10 more boys join the class, the ratio of numbers of boys and girls becomes 6:5. How many girls are there in the class?
Ans: C: 25
48. Find the value of : 1 + (1331/1000)^1/3=?
Ans: (A) 2 1/10
49. The highest score in an innings was 3/11 of the total and the next highest was 3/11 of the remainder. If the scores differed by 9,then the total score is:
Ans: C : 121
50. How much simple interest will rs.2000 earn in 18 month at 6% per annum?
Ans: B : Rs.180
PART-C ( ENGLISH)
51. A few scholars left Karachi for abroad future tense
Ans: C: A few scholars will leave Karachi for abroad
52. She wears simple clothes
Ans; C: She does not wear simple clothes
53. Antonym for PROFESSIONAL
Ans: C : Amateur
54. Antonym for DARKEN
Ans: A : Rejoice
55. Synonym for TERRIFIC
Ans: D : Terrible
56.Synonym for EXOTIC
Ans: D : Unusual
57.Find the part of the sentence has an error
Ans: B : Within hundred yards ( within a hundred yards)
58. Find the part of the sentence has an error
Ans: C: to be in its seats ( its should be replaced with their)
59. Analogies for KANGAROO: JOEY ::
Ans: B: goose: gosling
60. Football : Sport::
Ans: B : Verse : literature
61. In the blues
Ans: C : melancholic and low spirited
62. The pros and cons
Ans: A: Good and evil
63. She is___ white woman
64. I have ___ headache
Ans: A: a
65. A hawker moves___ house to house to sell his goods
Ans: A: from
66. Error part
Ans: B : but never he asked ( but he never asked)
67.__ how much money the gangsters offered him, the judge refused to take a bribe
Ans: No matter
68. He is jealous ___ me
Ans: C : of
69. The publisher introduced me___ rajeevjee
Ans: B : to
70. Error part
Ans: A : She does not hardly
71. Error part
Ans:A: He ran so fastly
72. Do you play cricket? Yes I__
Ans: B : do
73. When she was at School, she___up early
Ans: B : used to get
74. Identify the correct sentence
76. Find the number of triangles in the given figure
Ans: D : 27
77. Which number is opposite to number 1?
Ans: A: 4
78. When 1 is at the top, which number will be at the bottom
Ans: D : 6
79. choose the correct mirror image
80. Alternative figure will complete will complete the given figure pattern
81. Alternative figure will complete will complete the given figure pattern
82. Showing the lady in the park, Vineet said___________
Ans: A : Brother
83. A woman introduces a man as the son of the brother of her mother____
Ans: C: cousin
84.Find out of the next two letters of the given series
Ans: A : RP
85. Which one of the answer figure shall complete the given problem figure
86. Which one of the four answer figures___
87. Shan is 55 years old, Sathain is 5 years junior to Shan
Ans: A: 18 years
88. In the following question select the missing number
Ans: B : 512
Ans: C: 531
90. ADE:CFG:: GJK:
Ans: A : ILM
91. How may 13 are there in the series which is ____
92. Arun walks northeast and after some distance___
Ans: A: South west
93. Rajiv is the brother of Atul. Sonia___
Ans:B : Son
94. In a row of students Sohan is 9th from___
Ans: C : 17
95.Choose the correct mirror image
96. Which one of the four answer figures on the right ___
Ans: C : ISS
99. Which of the following word ___
Ans: D: Globe
100. If S is the brother of N___
Ans: B : S
-Akula. Praveen Kumar, Sub Postmaster, Papannapet SO-502303
(Medak Division Mob no. 9849636361), Telangana State