Postal Services Board,
NEW DELHI – 110001.
Sub:- Problems related to Core Banking Solutions –Reg.
My Federation bring the following difficulties faced in implementing the CBS project and propose following suggestions for immediate action.
1. Slow and disturbed access of Finacle due to technical problems at CPC Level and SO/HO Level
2. CPC is instructing to place EDO mandatorily by 3pm or 4pm.
3. Heavy Work load at SOs attached with BOs : Consequent on implementation of CBS at SOs including BOs the work load of the SOs have drastically increased because of the following reasons.
a. During the financial years 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015(500 accounts target in each financial year) huge number of accounts have been opened at BOs in connection with targets fixed to the BPMs.
b. On an average there are 1500 accounts per BOs.
c. On an average every SO will have 11 BOs, i.e., minimum of 16500 transactions including the accounts opened previous years. That means per day 660 BO transactions have to be entered at SO level. Thereby to be verified by the SPM.
d. At all levels of offices including C Class (single handed) and LSG(running with insufficient staff strength toward working strength) it is becoming an unbearable work load to feed these vouchers in Finacle.
e. As this situation is not feasible to enter these transaction in Finacle, the works related to preventive vigilance with regard to work of BOs are completely paralysed thereby opening the gates for every possibility frauds at BOs
f. Mean while the Divisional Heads not interested in providing sufficient number of PAs to Post migrated CBS offices or means through which works have to be carried. They are simply fixing the responsibility on the Postmasters that they have to manage the work with the available staff only.
g. Till now the accounts have been managed with the single payslip in respect of multiple accounts(noting account numbers 1 to 100) with same name paid on same date with oral permission of concerned Sub Divisional Heads and Divisional Heads. Some Divisional and Sub Divisional Head have advised orally to issue single pass book to such accounts previously. But consequent on migration to Finacle the account numbers are changed randomly with 10 digits.
h. There is no provision or option or possibility to process these accounts in Finalce. Each and every account has to be fed and to be verified.
4. Issues related to Migration to BOs : In many office the works related to Pre migration have been completed in casual manner without giving any importance to the accuracy of the data. The agreement of Balances of SB, RD, TD and MIS with SBCO has become least bothered aspect. Finally signature of the SPMs/HPMs only have been taken forcible before GO Live Dates fixing the responsibility of accuracy of data which has been maintained from decades together either in Manually or in Sanchaya Post. Mean while the Divisional He
Surprisingly it has come to know that some of the Divisional Heads have transferred the official to a remote place on the plea that they have not made the office ready for CBS GO Live, but without assessing the work load in this connection and without providing any extra man power to get the works done.
Example : The Incident happened in Adilabad Division.
5. Other problems related to connectivity, functioning of Generator and UPS have become a fuel to fire.
Request or Solution :
1. Provide required staff strength to the offices which were already migrated multiple handed offices.
2. Finding out a possible solution for C Clsass offices.
3. To stop the GO Live of offices proposed for migration until Hand Held Devices are provided to the BPMs to deal the accounts related to their BO.
With a hope of immediate action and a reply